Malawi Family Holidays
Malawi is a wonderfully unique choice of destination for families with no shortage of adventures to be had including a Big 5 safari in Majete Wildlife Reserve. Whether you're kayaking with the kids on Lake Malawi, sharing exciting stories of wildlife sightings around the campfire in Liwonde National Park or trekking through the lush forests on top of Zomba Mountain, Malawi is one of Africa's hidden gems, perfect for the family on the look-out for something different.
- A rare family holiday choice, packed with adventure
- Known as the 'warm heart of Africa' its famous for its hospitality and welcoming people
- Watersports on Lake Malawi including water skiing, wake boarding and a banana boat rides
- Excellent diving, snorkelling and kayaking
- Nine national parks offering good game viewing and excellent bird watching
- Easy safari and beach combinations with Zambia, Zimbabwe and South Africa
- Year-round warm weather
- Small and personal lodges offering special treats and added extras for families
Despite not necessarily being known for family holidays most lodges in Malawi welcome children and teens, offering accommodation which is mostly small and very personal. Through thorough research our Mahlatini family holiday experts have chosen a few very special places run by warm and welcoming locals who go out of their way to make your family holiday extra special.
If you are the kind of family to take a leap of faith and visit somewhere which may be perceived to be a bit 'off the beaten track' we will passionately assist you in making this happen. We promise, you will not regret taking your children to the 'Warm Heart of Africa'.
Selected Malawi Family Holidays Itineraries
Exclusive Zambia and Lake Malawi Family OfferCost For Family of 4: from from $12,370 Days 9 (Includes international flights from JFK)
LocationsLake Malawi, South Luangwa National Park
Read what our previous clients thought of their Malawi Family Holiday
Family Holiday to Malawi, South Africa & Zambia
Officially the best family trip ever!23/07/2018 Read full trip review
Family Holiday to Malawi
Laurent & Karin Vuichard
Amazing. So easy to drive and to find locations. Thanks for your excellent trip preparation.13/06/2018 Read full trip review