Malawi is a wonderfully unique choice of destination for families with no shortage of adventures to be had including a Big 5 safari in Majete Wildlife Reserve. Whether you're kayaking with the kids on Lake Malawi, sharing exciting stories of wildlife sightings around the campfire in Liwonde National Park or trekking through the lush forests on top of Zomba Mountain, Malawi is one of Africa's hidden gems, perfect for the family on the look-out for something different.
- A rare family holiday choice, packed with adventure
- Known as the 'warm heart of Africa' its famous for its hospitality and welcoming people
- Watersports on Lake Malawi including water skiing, wake boarding and a banana boat rides
- Excellent diving, snorkelling and kayaking
- Nine national parks offering good game viewing and excellent bird watching
- Easy safari and beach combinations with Zambia, Zimbabwe and South Africa
- Year-round warm weather
- Small and personal lodges offering special treats and added extras for families
Despite not necessarily being known for family holidays most lodges in Malawi welcome children and teens, offering accommodation which is mostly small and very personal. Through thorough research our Mahlatini family holiday experts have chosen a few very special places run by warm and welcoming locals who go out of their way to make your family holiday extra special.
If you are the kind of family to take a leap of faith and visit somewhere which may be perceived to be a bit 'off the beaten track' we will passionately assist you in making this happen. We promise, you will not regret taking your children to the 'Warm Heart of Africa'.
Exclusive Zambia and Lake Malawi Family Offer
- Cost For Family of 4
- Cost For Family of 4: from $11,750 (Includes international flights from JFK)
- Malawi, Zambia
- Lake Malawi, South Luangwa National Park
Southern Malawi Family Holiday
- Cost For Family of 4
- Cost For Family of 4: from $14,680 (Includes international flights from JFK)
- Lake Malawi, Lilongwe, Liwonde National Park
Phillip & Linda Carling5
Overall it was an amazing trip with definite segments ; animals , walking , memory lane and beach . The whole family loved it ; friendly and courteous people wherever we went , locations to die for , memories for a life time !Read full trip review
Roy Fraser & Anne Pfitzinger4
Great voyage of discovery, learning and adventureRead full trip review