In the past families have tended to steer clear of the Maldives with its reputation as a destination for romantic holidays and honeymoons. This is changing however and the islands of the Maldives, with their offering of year-round sunshine, warm water, watersports, top dive sites and a safe environment are becoming increasingly popular with families, even those with babies and toddlers.
More resorts are now catering for families offering barefoot luxury, time out for adults and plenty of fun for children. Kid's Clubs provide a range of beach and outdoor activities, crafts and games that are fun and educational. These include activities such as yoga, kite flying, origami, crab hunting, feeding turtles and fish, building sand castles, mini-snorkelling safaris and planting corals. Catamaran and banana rides are regularly on many resorts' Kids Club activity list.
Child-sized windsurfers, kayaks and water-skis, fun tubes and kneeboards are available most watersports centres.
In many cases children receive welcome backpacks filled with treats and in the rooms parents can expect to find mini robes and slippers as well as child-friendly bath products. Kid's menus, baby purees and babysitters are available upon request, as are cots, high chairs, nappy bins, strollers, bottle sterilizers and other equipment.
Your dedicated Mahlatini family holiday specialist will assist you in booking the most direct flights and keeping the transfer times to a minimum whilst helping ypu to select the resort that best caters for your families requirements.
Planning your next family holiday for Easter, Summer, Christmas or half-term? Then read our planning destination guide for some insipration and ideas.
- A good selection of family-friendly resorts with family rooms and villas
- Excellent Kid's Clubs and children's activities
- Babysitting services
- Resorts with children's pools and water sports centres with child-size equipment
- On-site spas perfect for much-needed adult pampering
- Fabulous tropical temperatures that range from 24 to 35 degrees centigrade all year long
- Resorts catering specifically for babies and toddlers (cots, sterilisers etc)
- Safe swimming beaches
- Scuba diving lessons for over 10's and snorkelling lessons for under 10's