A holiday to Namibia can be the ultimate family adventure. Whether you are soaring above the world's highest sand dunes in a hot air balloon at Sossusvlei, trekking the rare black rhino in Damaraland or whale watching off the coast of Swakopmund, there is plenty to keep an active family thoroughly entertained.
- Entirely unique and totally adventurous family holiday
- Hugely diverse landscapes and an abundance of activities to keep families entertained
- Family friendly accommodation
- The Sossusvlei sand dunes providing hours of fun
- Big 5 safari in Etosha National Park
- Unique cultural interactions with the San Bushmen and the Himba people
- Tracking black rhinos and desert elephants
- The Cape Cross seal colony
- Swakopmund adventure activities from sand surfing and quad biking to kayaking
- Safari Kids programmes
The large 'sandbox' of Namibia's desert offers the opportunity for kids to climb some of the highest sand dunes in the world and clamber over the rocks to explore ancient Bushmen rock art. Then it is off to Etosha National Park to really crank up the excitement with a Big 5 safari and specially designed children's programmes. Cool down a fraction at the coast with great adventure excursions such as kayaking on Walvis lagoon or exhilarating quad biking or sand surfing on the dunes.
Most safari lodges and guest farms in Namibia welcome children and teens and our Mahlatini family holiday experts have carefully chosen our favourites. These will usually be small and informal with family rooms and the flexibility to suit the needs of children. Whilst family self-drive holidays are the most popular option, fly-in safaris, whist more expensive, can provide many benefits, not least of which the opportunity to view fabulous Namibia from the air. Careful planning of this family adventure is key and using Mahlatini's family holiday experts will ensure that the holiday is seamless from start to finish.
Richard Mash & Catherine Wood5
Fabulous!Read full trip review