Offering guaranteed good weather, natural wonders, beautiful beaches and friendly people Oman is an excellent choice for families.
- A great climate and beautiful beaches lined with swaying date palms
- Not a skyscraper in sight - the antithesis of Dubai
- Colourful citrus groves, traditional reed houses and grand, whitewashed desert forts
- Camel treks, 4x4 desert safaris and quad bike safaris in the Wahiba Sands
- Child-friendly resorts and hotels featuring Kid's Clubs
- Turtle watching
- Dolphin and whale boat cruises
- A rewarding cultural experience
The resort hotels have well-run kids clubs and will endeavour to meet the needs of both parent and child whilst on holiday. The beaches are fantastic, providing a range of water sports to keep everyone entertained. Camel riding and sand dune surfing will appeal to older children and turtle watching by the shore and dolphin boat cruises are the ultimate family experience.
For a spot of culture head to the Omani Heritage Village where the children can see Arabian horses and admire traditional crafts such as henna painting. For a complete change of scene leave the coast behind and book a privately guided 4x4 safari into the interior, taking in beautiful mountains, oasis villages and incredible medieval forts. Driving into the desert known as Wahiba Sands, you and the family can ride camels across the dunes and spend the night in a Bedouin tented camp.
However you wish to travel Oman and whatever the make-up of your family, your dedicated Mahlatini specialist with years of experience planning holidays to the region will assist you in tailor making a truly memorable experience.