Rwanda is undoubtedly an 'off the beaten track' family holiday, guaranteed to bring out the adventurer in all of you. Best suited for older children and teenagers, Rwanda is an incredibly beautiful country of unmatched geographical diversity - fertile green hills interspersed with multiple lakes, rivers, savannah, rain forests, mountains, craters and waterfalls.
- The ultimate adventure family holiday
- Volcanoes, lush equatorial rainforests, lakes and sprawling savannahs
- Trekking gorillas (age 15 and over) and chimpanzees
- Family-friendly lodges
- A host of adventure activities
- Twin-centre holidays with Kenya, Zanzibar, Mauritius or the Seychelles
- A truly unique family holiday
- A humbling cultural experience
What can be a more memorable for your children to experience than seeing the endangered mountain gorilla the wild? (Age restricted to 15 years and over). Trekking through equatorial forest of the Volcanoes National Park is a real thrill and the interaction with the gorillas is extremely exciting as is seeing the many other primates including chimpanzees in Nyungwe Forest.
A host of experiences are on offer and your dedicated family holiday specialist, with expert knowledge of the country, will guide you through all of your options whilst recommending suitable family friendly lodges and best routing. Tourist income is crucial for the country's incredible recovery from the 1994 genocide. The people are inspiring and friendly and the country will certainly provide your family with a humbling and valuable cultural interaction.