This self-drive, covering the main bases of Cape Town, the Cape Winelands, the Garden Route and a malaria-free safari in the Eastern Cape, is a one of South Africa's most well-trodden tourist routes and for good reason. With excellent roads, incredibly beautiful and diverse scenery along the way and a seemingly never-ending list of activities and attractions, it is a world-in-one-holiday. A car allows you the freedom to personalise your trip and gives you the freedom to go your own pace. This routing can be done at a variety of budgets but for the purposes of this itinerary we have included 5 star, luxury accommodation.
- Tailor-made Itinerary from $5,160 Per Person
- Cape Town
- 4 nights at Kensington Place
Upon arrival at Cape Town International Airport you will be met by a member of the Mahlatini team who will assist you to the car hire desk to collect your hire car. From here you will drive yourselves to your hotel.
- 2 nights at Leeu House
Today you will take the drive to the Winelands.
- 4 nights at Kanonkop House
Today you will take the drive to the Knysna.
- Shamwari Game Reserve
- 3 nights at Shamwari Bayethe Lodge
Today you will take the drive to the Shamwari Game Reserve.
Onward Transfer to Port Elizabeth Airport
Today you will drive yourselves to Port Elizabeth Airport where you will drop off your hire car and catch your flight to Johannesburg and your onward international flight home.
Contact our specialists and start planning your tailor-made holiday to South AfricaMake an enquiry
- Arrival Airport: Cape Town International
Shamwari Bayethe Lodge
- Return Airport: Port Elizabeth
- International flights from JFK
- Accommodation as specified
- Meals as specified
- Drinks at Shamwari Bayethe
- All scheduled safari activities at Shamwari Bayethe
- Car hire, group B car (Ford Fiesta or similar) including full cover, unlimited km and taxes
- National Parks and conservation entry fees
- Additional driver fee for hire car
- One way drop off fee for the hire car
- Personal travel insurance
- Additional activities not offered as scheduled by the accommodation
- Visas and visa fees where relevant
- Beverages with the exception of Shamwari Bayethe
- Outward Flight:
- Overnight from JFK to Cape Town International
- Return Flight:
- Overnight from Port Elizabeth to JFK
You might be also be interested in these alternate tailor-made itineraries:
The prices in our itineraries are intended to guide you towards a potential budget for your holiday.
The cost of your tailored holiday will be dependent on what accommodation and airline class you select, the season you travel in, the airline used, any discounts applied or additional private extras you require.
Our journey specialists understand that you will be searching for a quality holiday at the best price and as we are always looking to establish loyalty to Mahlatini, we will be happy to compare any cheaper options you may have obtained. Do be aware, however, of any hidden extras and that you are indeed comparing like for like whilst also receiving the same quality service and financial protection.
We've been shortlisted for the Best Safari Company in this year's British Travel Awards.
Please vote for us