Cape Town is a magical destination, with so many attractions to appeal to every member of the family, and it is here you will start your family adventure together with a four night stay, giving you ample time to experience all the attractions of this vibrant destination. The family will stay at the luxurious Steenberg Hotel situated on the Cape's first farm, established in 1682, a destination steeped in heritage and offering spectacular views, personalised service and exceptional cuisine.
Combine this with a stay at the fantastic family accommodation at Grootbos Nature Reserve and you and your family cannot only enjoy thrilling whale watching experiences with appearance of the Southern Right Whales in season (July to October). Resting in a milkwood forest, ideally positioned between mountain and sea, the Grootbos Private Nature Reserve is a five-star family paradise. Home to whales, sharks, dolphins, seals and penguins, with unparalleled floral diversity, and offering a huge array of activities to all the family Grootbos makes for an unforgettable luxury African experience.
- Tailor-made Itinerary from $12,620 For Family of 4
- Cape Town
- 4 nights at Steenberg Hotel & Winery
Upon arrival at Cape Town International Airport you will make your way to the car hire desk to collect your hire car. From here you will drive yourself to Steenberg Hotel, located roughly 30 minutes from the centre of Cape Town.
- 4 nights at Grootbos Garden Lodge
Today you will take the drive to Grootbos Nature Reserve, near to the town of Hermanus and approximately 2 hour's drive from Cape Town.
Onward Transfer to Cape Town International Airport
Today you will take the drive back to Cape Town International Airport where you will drop off your hire car and connect with your onward flight home.
Contact our specialists and start planning your tailor-made holiday to South Africa
Phone: +1 347-708-1755Make an enquiry
- Arrival Airport: Cape Town International
Steenberg Hotel & Winery
Grootbos Garden Lodge
- Return Airport: Cape Town International
- International flights from JFK
- Accommodation as specified
- Meals as specified
- Car hire, group C car (Toyota Corolla or similar) including full cover, unlimited km and taxes
- GPS with your car hire
- Itinerary based on a family of 4 with 2 children aged between 3 and 12 years
- Scheduled activities at Grootbos Nature Reserve
- Personal travel insurance
- Additional activities not offered as scheduled by Grootbos Nature Reserve
- Visas and visa fees where relevant
- Outward Flight:
- Overnight from JFK to Cape Town International
- Return Flight:
- Overnight from Cape Town International to JFK
You might be also be interested in these alternate tailor-made itineraries:
The prices in our itineraries are intended to guide you towards a potential budget for your holiday.
The cost of your tailored holiday will be dependent on what accommodation and airline class you select, the season you travel in, the airline used, any discounts applied or additional private extras you require.
Our journey specialists understand that you will be searching for a quality holiday at the best price and as we are always looking to establish loyalty to Mahlatini, we will be happy to compare any cheaper options you may have obtained. Do be aware, however, of any hidden extras and that you are indeed comparing like for like whilst also receiving the same quality service and financial protection.