This incredible family trip takes in the hugely entertaining city of Cape Town and combines it with a stay in the Cape's Cedarberg Mountains as well as in the province of Kwazulu Natal on South Africa's East Coast. The itinerary combines culture, adventure, beach and an incredible safari, all whilst staying in some of the best accommodation the country has to offer. The children will be kept busy throughout with exciting activities, mum and dad can relax or join in with the fun! From the incredible city of Cape Town,with all of its child-friendly activities, you will travel to Bushman's Kloof Wilderness Reserve with its breaktaking scenery and host of activities from hiking, biking, canoing and fishing to nature drives and rock art excursions.
Leave the Cape then and travel to sub-tropical Durban for a stay in the 5 star Oyster Box Hotel with incredible views of the Indian Ocean and a swimming beach, perfect for the children. Finish off with four nights on safari at the outstanding Phinda Mountain Lodge where the children can join the Wild Child programme, they'll leave South Africa as mini rangers excited about conserving our planet and its animals. A few of Mahlatini's family experts will have stayed in these hotels and lodges with their own children and will be able to provide a personal account of what you can expect from this never-to-be-forgotten family holiday.
- Tailor-made Itinerary from $19,560 For Family of 4
- Cape Town
- 4 nights at Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa
Upon arrival at Cape Town International Airport you will make your way to the car hire desk to collect your hire car. From here you will drive yourself to Cape Town.
Today you will take the drive to Bushman's Kloof Nature Reserve at the foot of the Cedarberg Mountains, with beautiful open plains, sandstone formations and ancient bush art sites dating back 10,000 years.
- 4 nights at The Oyster Box Hotel
Today you will take the drive back to Cape Town International Airport where you drop off your hire car and connect with your flight to Durban Airport. On arrival you will collect your hire car and drive to Umhlanga Rocks, a coastal town north of Durban.
- Phinda Private Game Reserve
- 4 nights at Phinda Mountain Lodge
Today you will take the drive to the Phinda Private Game Reserve.
Onward Transfer to Durban King Shaka Airport
Today you will take the drive to Durban Airport where you will drop off your hire car and connect with your onward flight home.
Contact our specialists and start planning your tailor-made holiday to South Africa
Phone: +1 347-708-1755Make an enquiry
- Arrival Airport: Cape Town International
Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa
Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve and Wellness Retreat
The Oyster Box Hotel
Phinda Mountain Lodge
- Return Airport: Durban King Shaka
- International flights from JFK
- Accommodation as specified
- Meals as specified
- All scheduled safari activities offered by Bushman's Kloof and Phinda Mountain Lodge
- Car hire, group C car (Toyota Corolla or similar) including full cover, unlimited km and taxes
- National Parks and conservation entry fees
- GPS with your car hire
- Itinerary based on a family of 4 with 2 children aged between 3 and 12 years
- Beverages (excluding premium brands) at Phinda Mountain Lodge
- Private safari vehicle at Phinda Mountain Lodge
- Personal travel insurance
- Additional activities not offered as scheduled by Bushman's Kloof and Phinda Mountain Lodge
- Visas and visa fees where relevant
- Petrol and additional driver's fee
- Beverages with the exception of Phinda Mountain Lodge
- Outward Flight:
- Overnight from JFK to Cape Town International
- Return Flight:
- Overnight from Durban King Shaka to JFK
You might be also be interested in these alternate tailor-made itineraries:
The prices in our itineraries are intended to guide you towards a potential budget for your holiday.
The cost of your tailored holiday will be dependent on what accommodation and airline class you select, the season you travel in, the airline used, any discounts applied or additional private extras you require.
Our journey specialists understand that you will be searching for a quality holiday at the best price and as we are always looking to establish loyalty to Mahlatini, we will be happy to compare any cheaper options you may have obtained. Do be aware, however, of any hidden extras and that you are indeed comparing like for like whilst also receiving the same quality service and financial protection.
We've been shortlisted for the Best Safari Company in this year's British Travel Awards.
Please vote for us