This wonderful family itinerary incorporates all the highlights of a visit to Cape Town and the Garden Route. The holiday starts with an exciting visit to the vibrant city of Cape Town. Visit the adorable penguins at Boulders Bay and wow the children with a cable car trip up Table Mountain. After your city break you'll travel to De Hoop Nature Reserve where you can take part in quad biking, whale watching (from June - Nov), horse riding and walks and treks through this stunning area. After all that excitement you'll need a few days relaxing on the beach in Plettenberg Bay. Visit Monkeyland or the Elephant sanctuary if you fancy an afternoon activity. End your family holiday with 3 nights on safari. Enjoy 2 game drives a day looking for the Big 5!
- Tailor-made Itinerary from $9,400 For Family of 4
- Cape Town
- 3 nights at The Clarendon Fresnaye
Upon arrival at Cape Town International Airport you will make your way to the car hire desk to collect your hire car. From here you will drive yourself to Cape Town.
- 2 nights at De Hoop Collection
Today you will take the drive to De Hoop Nature Reserve.
- Plettenberg Bay
- 4 nights at Beachy Head Villa
Today you will take the drive to the beach town of Plettenberg Bay along the famous Garden Route.
- Amakhala Game Reserve
- 3 nights at Amakhala Woodbury Lodge
Today you will take the drive to the Big 5 Amakhala Private Game Reserve in the Eastern Cape.
Onward Transfer to Port Elizabeth Airport
Today you will take the drive to Port Elizabeth Airport where you will drop off your hire car and connect with your onward flight home.
Contact our specialists and start planning your tailor-made holiday to South Africa
Phone: +1 347-708-1755Make an enquiry
- Arrival Airport: Cape Town International
The Clarendon Fresnaye
De Hoop Collection
Beachy Head Villa
Amakhala Woodbury Lodge
- Return Airport: Port Elizabeth
- International flights from JFK
- Accommodation as specified
- Meals as specified
- All scheduled safari activities offered by Amakhala Woodbury Lodge
- Car hire, group c car (Toyota Corolla or similar) including full cover, unlimited km and taxes
- National Parks and conservation entry fees
- GPS with your car hire
- Itinerary based on a family of 4 with 2 children aged between 3 and 12 years
- One way drop off fee for hire car
- Beverages (excluding premium brands) at Amakhala
- Personal travel insurance
- Additional activities not offered as scheduled by Amakhala Woodbury Lodge
- Visas and visa fees where relevant
- Beverages with the exception of Amakhala
- Outward Flight:
- Overnight from JFK to Cape Town International
- Return Flight:
- Overnight from Port Elizabeth to JFK
You might be also be interested in these alternate tailor-made itineraries:
The prices in our itineraries are intended to guide you towards a potential budget for your holiday.
The cost of your tailored holiday will be dependent on what accommodation and airline class you select, the season you travel in, the airline used, any discounts applied or additional private extras you require.
Our journey specialists understand that you will be searching for a quality holiday at the best price and as we are always looking to establish loyalty to Mahlatini, we will be happy to compare any cheaper options you may have obtained. Do be aware, however, of any hidden extras and that you are indeed comparing like for like whilst also receiving the same quality service and financial protection.