Indulge the entire family with this fantastic holiday which takes in a huge array of South Africa's attractions, on both sides of this diverse and enthralling country. A memorable stay in South Africa's mother city Cape Town is followed by a short visit to sub-tropical Durban on South Africa's East Coast, giving you family a chance to experience these very different cities (and get some beach time!). You can satisfy your interest in the fascinating history and culture of this country with a trip through KwaZulu Natal province, including a stay in the picturesque Drakensbeg Mountains. It's impossible to get bored with holidays to the Drakensberg, with a spectacular list of activities on offer including mountain climbing, horse-riding, hiking trails and uncovering around 35,000 San rock paintings. There's also the chance to navigate the Sani Pass - a treacherous mountain road that links KwaZulu-Natal and Lesotho. Complete this fun-filled family holiday by coming face to face with the country's unique wildlife on a child-friendly Big 5 safari.
- Tailor-made Itinerary from $10,210 Per Person
- Cape Town
- 4 nights at African Elite Waterfront Apartments
Upon arrival at Cape Town International Airport you will make your way to the car hire desk to collect your hire car. From here you will drive yourself to Cape Town.
- 3 nights at The Beverly Hills Hotel
Today you will take the drive back to Cape Town International Airport where you drop off your hire car and connect with your flight to Durban Airport. On arrival you will collect your hire car and drive to Umhlanga Rocks, a coastal town north of Durban.
- 4 nights at Cathedral Peak Hotel
Today you will take the drive to the exquisite Drakensberg Mountains, a World Heritage Site for its prehistoric rock paintings. .
- Nambiti Private Game Reserve
- 3 nights at Umzolozolo Private Safari Lodge
Today you will take the drive to Big 5 Nambiti Private Game Reserve.
Onward Transfer to Durban King Shaka Airport
Today you will take the drive to Durban Airport where you will drop off your hire car and connect with your onward flight home.
Contact our specialists and start planning your tailor-made holiday to South Africa
Phone: +1 347-708-1755Make an enquiry
- Arrival Airport: Cape Town International
African Elite Waterfront Apartments
The Beverly Hills Hotel
Cathedral Peak Hotel
Umzolozolo Private Safari Lodge
- Return Airport: Durban King Shaka
- International flights from JFK
- Accommodation as specified
- Meals as specified
- All scheduled safari activities offered by Umzolozolo Safari Lodge
- Car hire, group C car (Toyota Corolla or similar) including full cover, unlimited km and taxes
- National Parks and conservation entry fees
- GPS with your car hire
- Itinerary based on a family of 4 with 2 children aged between 3 and 12 years
- Personal travel insurance
- Additional activities not offered as scheduled by Umzolozolo Safari Lodge
- Visas and visa fees where relevant
- Petrol and additional driver's fee
- Outward Flight:
- Overnight from JFK to Cape Town International
- Return Flight:
- Overnight from Durban King Shaka to JFK
You might be also be interested in these alternate tailor-made itineraries:
The prices in our itineraries are intended to guide you towards a potential budget for your holiday.
The cost of your tailored holiday will be dependent on what accommodation and airline class you select, the season you travel in, the airline used, any discounts applied or additional private extras you require.
Our journey specialists understand that you will be searching for a quality holiday at the best price and as we are always looking to establish loyalty to Mahlatini, we will be happy to compare any cheaper options you may have obtained. Do be aware, however, of any hidden extras and that you are indeed comparing like for like whilst also receiving the same quality service and financial protection.