Cape Town is a magical destination, with so many attractions to appeal to every member of the family, and it is here you will start your family adventure together with a five night stay in the city. The addition of a stop at the small coastal town of Hermanus in this itinerary means that in season (July to October) your whole family can enjoy the appearance of the Southern Right Whales together. You can view these majestic animals either from the beach, the famous cliff path, by boat or from the air via a scenic flight, creating a treasured memory that everyone in the family is sure to enjoy. A family safari at Phinda Lodge is the perfect way to end your trip - Phinda Moutain Lodge is heaven for kids and adults alike. While children partake in interactive activities that offer opportunities to learn and discover new experiences and cultures adults will enjoy the dramatic views and private plunge pools in-between game drives that will ignite and excite little one's curiosity.
- Tailor-made Itinerary from $16,260 For Family of 4
- Cape Town
- 5 nights at More Quarters Apartment Hotel
Upon arrival at Cape Town International Airport you will make your way to the car hire desk to collect your hire car. From here you will drive yourself to Cape Town.
- 3 nights at Grootbos Garden Lodge
Today you will take the drive to the Hermanus.
- Phinda Private Game Reserve
- 4 nights at Phinda Mountain Lodge
Today you will take the drive back to Cape Town International Airport where you drop off your hire car and connect with your flight to Durban Airport. On arrival you will be met and transferred to your safari lodge in the Phinda Private Game Reserve.
Onward Transfer to Richards Bay Airport
Today you will be met by your private driver who will transfer you by road to Richards Bay Airport where you will connect with your onward flight home.
Contact our specialists and start planning your tailor-made holiday to South AfricaMake an enquiry
- Arrival Airport: Cape Town International
More Quarters Apartment Hotel
Grootbos Garden Lodge
Phinda Mountain Lodge
- Return Airport: Richards Bay
- International flights from JFK
- Accommodation as specified
- Meals as specified
- Car hire, group K car (Hyundai IX35 or similar) including full cover, unlimited km and taxes
- All scheduled safari activities offered by the camps or lodges
- Road transfers as detailed in the itinerary
- National Parks and conservation entry fees
- Personal travel insurance
- Additional activities not offered as scheduled by the accommodation
- Visas and visa fees where relevant
- Beverages with the exception of all inclusive hotels
- Outward Flight:
- Overnight from JFK to Cape Town International
- Return Flight:
- Overnight from Richards Bay to JFK
You might be also be interested in these alternate tailor-made itineraries:
The prices in our itineraries are intended to guide you towards a potential budget for your holiday.
The cost of your tailored holiday will be dependent on what accommodation and airline class you select, the season you travel in, the airline used, any discounts applied or additional private extras you require.
Our journey specialists understand that you will be searching for a quality holiday at the best price and as we are always looking to establish loyalty to Mahlatini, we will be happy to compare any cheaper options you may have obtained. Do be aware, however, of any hidden extras and that you are indeed comparing like for like whilst also receiving the same quality service and financial protection.