This self-drive family holiday takes you along South Africa's famously beautiful Cape coast beginning in majestic Cape Town, with its host of family-friendly activities from cable car trips up Table Mountain to trips to see the penguins at Boulder's Beach. More sea life awaits in Hermanus where, in season (June - Nov), you and the children can experience whales either from land, by boat or from the air via a scenic flight. If you are brave enough you may also wish to go shark cage diving (age 8 upwards).
The next stop is the famed Garden Route with its plethora of adventure activities from kayaking, ziplining, bungee jumping and hiking to surfing and horseriding. End off with a thrilling Big 5 safari in the Eastern Cape which is sure to create lasting memories for the children. This itinerary features family accommodation of a good standard that is excellent value for money. Your own hire car allows you to explore at your own pace.
- Tailor-made Itinerary from $8,920 For Family of 4
- Cape Town
- 4 nights at The Clarendon Fresnaye
Upon arrival at Cape Town International Airport you will make your way to the car hire desk to collect your hire car. From here you will drive yourself to Cape Town.
- 2 nights at Lavender Manor Guest House
Today you will take the drive to Hermanus, South Africa's whale capital (in season).
- 4 nights at Belvidere Manor Hotel
Today you will take the drive to Knysna, along the famed Garden Route.
- Amakhala Game Reserve
- 2 nights at Amakhala Leeuwenbosch Country House
Today you will take the drive to Amakhala Game Reserve, a private Big 5, malaria-free game reserve in the Eastern Cape.
Onward Transfer to Port Elizabeth Airport
Today you will take the drive to Port Elizabeth Airport where you will drop off your hire car and connect with your onward flight home.
Contact our specialists and start planning your tailor-made holiday to South Africa
Phone: +1 347-708-1755Make an enquiry
- Arrival Airport: Cape Town International
The Clarendon Fresnaye
Lavender Manor Guest House
Belvidere Manor Hotel
Amakhala Leeuwenbosch Country House
- Return Airport: Port Elizabeth
- International flights from JFK
- Accommodation as specified
- Meals as specified
- All scheduled safari activities offered by Amakhala Game Reserve
- Car hire, group C car (Toyota Corolla or similar) including full cover, unlimited km and taxes
- National Parks and conservation entry fees
- GPS with your car hire
- Itinerary based on a family of 4 with 2 children aged between 3 and 12 years
- One way drop off fee for hire car
- Beverages (excluding premium brands) at Amakhala
- Personal travel insurance
- Additional activities not offered as scheduled by the accommodation
- Visas and visa fees where relevant
- Petrol and additional driver's fee
- Beverages with the exception of Amakhala
- Outward Flight:
- Overnight from JFK to Cape Town International
- Return Flight:
- Overnight from Port Elizabeth to JFK
You might be also be interested in these alternate tailor-made itineraries:
The prices in our itineraries are intended to guide you towards a potential budget for your holiday.
The cost of your tailored holiday will be dependent on what accommodation and airline class you select, the season you travel in, the airline used, any discounts applied or additional private extras you require.
Our journey specialists understand that you will be searching for a quality holiday at the best price and as we are always looking to establish loyalty to Mahlatini, we will be happy to compare any cheaper options you may have obtained. Do be aware, however, of any hidden extras and that you are indeed comparing like for like whilst also receiving the same quality service and financial protection.