This 4-part family holiday begins in Cape Town, with its superb beaches, dramatic mountainous scenery and great restaurants, shopping and sights. Your family will stay at the Table Bay Hotel right in the heart of the famous V&A Waterfront, giving you easy access to all of its attractions. Spend 4 nights exploring the city before heading to the small coastal town of Hermanus where, in season (June - Nov), the family can enjoy whale watching either from land, by boat or from the air via a scenic flight. Or if your heart can take it, the kids may love to go shark cage diving (over age 8).
When you have had your beach fun, its a short flight to one of South Africa's most breathtaking routes, the Panorama Route where sights such as God's Window and the Blyde River Canyon will delight everyone in the family and make an impression that will last for a long time. The undoubted highlight of the holiday will be experiencing a Big 5 safari together at Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve in the Kruger. With your own private vehicle at the luxurious Chitwa Chitwa Lodge you will have the freedom to enjoy the wildlife experiences at your leisure. Dine under the stars and share special memories around the campfire. Family experts at Mahlatini will have experienced holidays similar to this with their own families and will tailor a trip best suited to your family.
- Tailor-made Itinerary from $17,520 For Family of 4
- Cape Town
- 4 nights at The Table Bay Hotel
Upon arrival at Cape Town International Airport you will make your way to the car hire desk to collect your hire car. From here you will drive yourself to Cape Town.
- 2 nights at Ocean Eleven Guest House
Today you will take the drive to the coastal town of Hermanus, South Africa's whale capital (in season).
- Panorama Route
- 3 nights at Oliver's Restaurant and Lodge
Today you will take the drive back to Cape Town International Airport where you drop off your hire car and connect with your flight to Kruger Mpumalanga Airport. On arrival you will collect your hire car and drive to your lodge surrounded by the area known as the Panorama Route, one of the most scenic areas of South Africa.
- Sabi Sands
- 4 nights at Chitwa Chitwa Private Game Lodge
Today you will take the drive to the Sabi Sands Private Game Reserve bordering the Kruger Park.
Onward Transfer to Johannesburg OR Tambo International Airport
Today you will take the drive to Kruger Mpumalanga Airport where you will drop off your hire car and connect with your onward flight to Johannesburg OR Tambo International and your flight home.
Contact our specialists and start planning your tailor-made holiday to South AfricaMake an enquiry
- Arrival Airport: Cape Town International
The Table Bay Hotel
Ocean Eleven Guest House
Oliver's Restaurant and Lodge
Chitwa Chitwa Private Game Lodge
- Return Airport: Johannesburg OR Tambo International
- International flights from JFK
- Accommodation as specified
- Meals as specified
- All scheduled safari activities offered by Chitwa Chitwa Lodge
- Car hire, group C car (Toyota Corolla or similar) including full cover, unlimited km and taxes
- National Parks and conservation entry fees
- Private safari vehicle and guide
- GPS with your car hire
- Itinerary based on a family of 4 with 2 children aged between 3 and 12 years
- Personal travel insurance
- Additional activities not offered as scheduled by Chitwa Chitwa Lodge
- Visas and visa fees where relevant
- Petrol and additional driver's fee
- Beverages with the exception of Chitwa Chitwa
- Outward Flight:
- Overnight from JFK to Cape Town International
- Return Flight:
- Overnight from Johannesburg OR Tambo International to JFK
You might be also be interested in these alternate tailor-made itineraries:
The prices in our itineraries are intended to guide you towards a potential budget for your holiday.
The cost of your tailored holiday will be dependent on what accommodation and airline class you select, the season you travel in, the airline used, any discounts applied or additional private extras you require.
Our journey specialists understand that you will be searching for a quality holiday at the best price and as we are always looking to establish loyalty to Mahlatini, we will be happy to compare any cheaper options you may have obtained. Do be aware, however, of any hidden extras and that you are indeed comparing like for like whilst also receiving the same quality service and financial protection.
We've been shortlisted for the Best Safari Company in this year's British Travel Awards.
Please vote for us