This 4-part family holiday is bursting with sights and activities to satisfy the needs of every family member. Beginning with 4 nights in the beautiful Cape Town, the family can head up Table Mountain in a cable car, see the penguins at Boulder's Beach, learn some valuable history lessons at Robben Island or visit the Two Oceans Aquarium. The possibilities for fun and learning are endless.
It is then time to explore the winelands region about an hour from Cape Town. One of the most beautiful parts of South Africa, it's not all about wine tasting, there is a surprising amount for families to do including family picnics, visits to the Big Cats Park, witnessing the duck parade at Vergenoegd estate, mountain biking, horse riding, chocolate tasting, historical tours of wine estates and of course plenty of opportunities for mum and dad to enjoy the beautiful wines of the area.
The fun doesn't end there as you journey onwards towards the coastal town of Hermanus where in season (June - Nov) you should be able to see the whales either off-shore or by boat. End this once-in-a-lifetime holiday with 4 nights on a Big 5 safari in the famous Kruger Park where the whole family will be enthralled by the game drives and excitement of being in the African bush.
- Tailor-made Itinerary from $14,090 For Family of 4
- Cape Town
- 4 nights at The Clarendon Fresnaye
Upon arrival at Cape Town International Airport you will make your way to the car hire desk to collect your hire car. From here you will drive yourself to Cape Town.
- 3 nights at Avondrood Guest House
Today you will take the drive to the Winelands.
- 2 nights at Ocean Eleven Guest House
Today you will take the drive to the coastal town of Hermanus,South Africa's whale capital (in season).
- Thornybush Nature Reserve
- 3 nights at Serondella Game Lodge
Today you will take the drive back to Cape Town International Airport where you drop off your hire car and connect with your flight to Hoedspruit Airport. On arrival you will be met and transferred to your safari lodge in the Thornybush Private Game Reserve which borders the famous Kruger Park.
Onward Transfer to Johannesburg OR Tambo International Airport
Today you will be met by your private driver who will transfer you by road to Hoedspruit Airport where you will connect with your flight to Johannesburg OR Tambo International Airport and your onward flight home.
Contact our specialists and start planning your tailor-made holiday to South AfricaMake an enquiry
- Arrival Airport: Cape Town International
The Clarendon Fresnaye
Avondrood Guest House
Ocean Eleven Guest House
Serondella Game Lodge
- Return Airport: Johannesburg OR Tambo International
- International flights from JFK
- Accommodation as specified
- Meals as specified
- All scheduled safari activities offered by Serondella Game Lodge
- Car hire in the Cape in a Group C car (Toyota Corolla or similar) including full cover, unlimited km and taxes
- Road transfers as detailed in the itinerary
- National Parks and conservation entry fees
- GPS with your car hire
- Personal travel insurance
- Additional activities not offered as scheduled by Serondella Game Lodge
- Visas and visa fees where relevant
- Petrol and additional driver's fee
- Outward Flight:
- Overnight from JFK to Cape Town International
- Return Flight:
- Overnight from Johannesburg OR Tambo International to JFK
You might be also be interested in these alternate tailor-made itineraries:
The prices in our itineraries are intended to guide you towards a potential budget for your holiday.
The cost of your tailored holiday will be dependent on what accommodation and airline class you select, the season you travel in, the airline used, any discounts applied or additional private extras you require.
Our journey specialists understand that you will be searching for a quality holiday at the best price and as we are always looking to establish loyalty to Mahlatini, we will be happy to compare any cheaper options you may have obtained. Do be aware, however, of any hidden extras and that you are indeed comparing like for like whilst also receiving the same quality service and financial protection.
We've been shortlisted for the Best Safari Company in this year's British Travel Awards.
Please vote for us