This exciting holiday takes your family from the city of Cape Town to the Cape Winelands to a Big 5 safari in the Madikwe Game Reserve. Begin your holiday in a 2 bedroom apartment in the V&A Waterfront region of Cape Town, offering easy access to the city's famous sights. Take your children on a cable car up Table Mountain, on a boat trip to Robben Island and on a road trip to see the penguins at Boulder's Beach. The city is packed full of fun-filled activities for the whole family.
Your next stop is the Spier Wine Estate in the Cape Winelands offering a kids club to allow you to enjoy the brilliant food and wine of the region. The winelands offers a host of activities for children of all ages from Segway Tours of vineywards and visits to the Eagle Encounters Centre at Spier to horse riding, picnics, hiking and biking.
Conclude this memorable holiday with a Big 5 safari in the Madikwe Private Game Reserve, 4 hour's drive north of Johannesburg. You will stay at Thakadu River Camp where the highly-skilled guides will take your family on thrilling day and night game drives and enthrall the children with nature-based activities, allowing you some quality 'me' time around the pool. At night share some quality family time together around the camp fire telling stories of the day's exciting adventures.
- Tailor-made Itinerary from $11,720 For Family of 4
- Cape Town
- 5 nights at African Elite Waterfront Apartments
Upon arrival at Cape Town International Airport you will make your way to the car hire desk to collect your hire car. From here you will drive yourself to Cape Town.
- 3 nights at Spier Hotel
Today you will take the drive to the Winelands.
- 4 nights at Thakadu River Camp
Today you will take the drive to Cape Town International Airport where you will drop off your hire car and catch your domestic flight to Johannesburg. On arrival you will collect a further hire car and drive yourselves to the malaria-free Madikwe Private Game Reserve,approximately 4 hours north of Johannesburg, on the border of Botswana.
Onward Transfer to Johannesburg OR Tambo International Airport
Today you will take the drive to Johannesburg OR Tambo International Airport where you will drop off your hire car and connect with your onward flight home.
Contact our specialists and start planning your tailor-made holiday to South AfricaMake an enquiry
- Arrival Airport: Cape Town International
African Elite Waterfront Apartments
Thakadu River Camp
- Return Airport: Johannesburg OR Tambo International
- International flights from JFK
- Accommodation as specified
- Meals as specified
- All scheduled safari activities offered by Thakadu River Lodge
- Car hire, group C car (Toyota Corolla or similar) including full cover, unlimited km and taxes
- National Parks and conservation entry fees
- GPS with your car hire
- Itinerary based on a family of 4 with 2 children aged between 3 and 12 years
- Personal travel insurance
- Additional activities not offered as scheduled by Thakadu River Lodge
- Visas and visa fees where relevant
- Petrol and additional driver's fee
- Outward Flight:
- Overnight from JFK to Cape Town International
- Return Flight:
- Overnight from Johannesburg OR Tambo International to JFK
You might be also be interested in these alternate tailor-made itineraries:
The prices in our itineraries are intended to guide you towards a potential budget for your holiday.
The cost of your tailored holiday will be dependent on what accommodation and airline class you select, the season you travel in, the airline used, any discounts applied or additional private extras you require.
Our journey specialists understand that you will be searching for a quality holiday at the best price and as we are always looking to establish loyalty to Mahlatini, we will be happy to compare any cheaper options you may have obtained. Do be aware, however, of any hidden extras and that you are indeed comparing like for like whilst also receiving the same quality service and financial protection.