One of our most popular itineraries, this 3-part itinerary takes in the iconic city of Cape Town, and its many attractions and is followed by a slowing down in pace in the picturesque South African winelands, known as the gastronomic route of South Africa. The third and final element of the trip is in the north of the country, a Big-5 safari in the Thornybush Private Game Reserve bordering South Africa's famous Kruger National Park. Spend your time on exciting morning and afternoon game drives. During your down time you can laze by the pool or have a siesta. Candlelit evening meals will be spent under the African night sky.
- Tailor-made Itinerary from $4,260 Per Person
- Cape Town
- 4 nights at The Clarendon Fresnaye
Upon arrival at Cape Town International Airport you will be met by a member of the Mahlatini team who will assist you to the car hire desk to collect your hire car. From here you will drive yourselves to your hotel.
- 2 nights at Avondrood Guest House
Today you will drive yourselves to Franschhoek in the Cape Winelands for your 2 night stay.
- Thornybush Nature Reserve
- 4 nights at Serondella Game Lodge
Today you will drive yourselves back to Cape Town International Airport where you will drop off your hire car and catch your domestic flight to Hoedspruit Airport. Here you will be met and transferred by road to the Thornybush Nature Reserve.
Onward Transfer to Johannesburg OR Tambo International Airport
Today you will be met and transferred by road back to Hoedspruit Airport for your domestic flight to Johannesburg and your international flight home.
Contact our specialists and start planning your tailor-made holiday to South AfricaMake an enquiry
- Arrival Airport: Cape Town International
The Clarendon Fresnaye
Avondrood Guest House
Serondella Game Lodge
- Return Airport: Johannesburg OR Tambo International
- International flights from JFK
- Accommodation as specified
- Meals as specified
- All scheduled safari activities offered by the camps or lodges
- Car hire, group B car (Ford Fiesta or similar) including full cover, unlimited km and taxes
- Road transfers as detailed in the itinerary
- National Parks and conservation entry fees
- Personal travel insurance
- Additional activities not offered as scheduled by the accommodation
- Visas and visa fees where relevant
- Beverages with the exception of all inclusive hotels
- Outward Flight:
- Overnight from JFK to Cape Town International
- Return Flight:
- Overnight from Johannesburg OR Tambo International to JFK
You might be also be interested in these alternate tailor-made itineraries:
The prices in our itineraries are intended to guide you towards a potential budget for your holiday.
The cost of your tailored holiday will be dependent on what accommodation and airline class you select, the season you travel in, the airline used, any discounts applied or additional private extras you require.
Our journey specialists understand that you will be searching for a quality holiday at the best price and as we are always looking to establish loyalty to Mahlatini, we will be happy to compare any cheaper options you may have obtained. Do be aware, however, of any hidden extras and that you are indeed comparing like for like whilst also receiving the same quality service and financial protection.
We've been shortlisted for the Best Safari Company in this year's British Travel Awards.
Please vote for us