Luxury Cape Town, Garden Route and Safari Family Holiday
South Africa is such a family friendly destination, and it has all the elements that make for a perfect family holiday - excellent weather, stunning scenery, a huge variety of activities, excellent road infrastructure and of course the famous wildlife. This itinerary takes in the beautiful city of Cape Town, the scenic Garden Route and concludes with a Big 5, malaria-free safari in the Eastern Cape. This high-end itinerary ensures that your family can discover this fascinating destination with all the comforts of home, staying in some of our favourite luxury family accommodations. Your Mahlatini family expert will have visited these properties, sometimes with their own family, and will tailor a bespoke itinerary with your family in mind.
- Days: 15
- Countries: South Africa
- from $17,340 For Family of 4 ?
The prices in our itineraries are intended to guide you towards a potential budget for your holiday.
The cost of your tailored holiday will be dependent on what accommodation and airline class you select, the season you travel in, the airline used, any discounts applied or additional private extras you require.
Our journey specialists understand that you will be searching for a quality holiday at the best price and as we are always looking to establish loyalty to Mahlatini, we will be happy to compare any cheaper options you may have obtained. Do be aware, however, of any hidden extras and that you are indeed comparing like for like whilst also receiving the same quality service and financial protection.
Catch your overnight flight from JFK to Cape Town International
Day 2 - 6
Upon arrival at Cape Town International Airport you will collect your hire car and drive yourselves to Cape Town.
Day 7 - 11
Today you will take the drive to Plettenberg Bay, along the Garden Route.
Day 12 - 14
Today you will take the drive to the Shamwari Game Reserve, a Big 5, malaria-free, private reserve in the Eastern Cape.
Today you will take the drive to Port Elizabeth Airport where you will drop off your hire car and connect with your onward flight home.
Arrive at JFK
- International flights from JFK
- Accommodation as specified
- Meals as specified
- All scheduled safari activities offered by Shamwari Riverdene
- Car hire, group C car (Toyota Corolla or similar) including full cover, unlimited km and taxes
- National Parks and conservation entry fees
- GPS with your car hire
- Itinerary based on a family of 4 with 2 children between the ages of 3 and 12 years
- One way drop off fee for hire car
- Personal travel insurance
- Additional activities not offered as scheduled by Shamwari Riverdene
- Visas and visa fees where relevant
- Petrol and Additional Driver's Fee
- Outward Flight:
- Overnight from JFK to Cape Town International
- Return Flight:
- Overnight from Port Elizabeth to JFK