The Northern Tanzania family explorer is one of our firm family favourite safaris. This family safari not only takes in some amazing wildlife areas but includes some of the best and most family friendly camps in the region with loads of activities on offer to keep the whole family entertained, educated and enthralled for the duration of your stay. Your safari takes in some of the finest wildlife areas Tanzania has to offer starting with the stunning Tarangire National Park and its elephants and baobabs. Next is the magnificent Ngorongoro Crater with arguably the greatest view in all of Africa and finally the phenomenal Serengeti National Park with its incredible concentrations of wildlife and at the correct time of the year the amazing spectacle of the great migration. You will also have the use of a private vehicle and guide for the duration of your stay which will give you the flexibility needed for a family safari as well as optimising your experience. For families looking for an adventure far away from the trappings of the modern world and visiting some of Africa's great wilderness areas then this is definitely a holiday worth looking at. The Northern Tanzania family safari offers a host of unique and life changing experiences and is a firm favourite of ours here at Mahlatini.
- Tailor-made Itinerary from $20,960 For Family of 4
- 1 nights at Arusha Coffee Lodge
Upon arrival at Kilimanjaro Airport you will be met by a member of the Mahlatini team who will transfer you by road to your hotel.
- Tarangire National Park
- 2 nights at Tarangire Treetops
Today you will be met by your private driver who will transfer you by road to the Tarangire National Park.
- Ngorongoro Crater
- 2 nights at The Manor at Ngorongoro
Today you will be met by your private driver who will transfer you by road to the region surrounding the Ngorongoro Crater and the Manor at Ngorongoro.
- Serengeti & Grumeti Reserves
- 2 nights at Serengeti Pioneer Camp
Today you will be met by your private driver who will transfer you by road to the Serengeti National Park and Serengeti Pioneer Camp.
Onward Transfer to Kilimanjaro Airport
Today you will be transferred to the Seronera airstrip for your onward flight via light aircraft to Kilimanjaro Airport. Here you will connect with your onward flight home.
Contact our specialists and start planning your tailor-made holiday to Tanzania
Phone: +1 347-708-1755Make an enquiry
- Arrival Airport: Kilimanjaro
Arusha Coffee Lodge
The Manor at Ngorongoro
Serengeti Pioneer Camp
- Return Airport: Kilimanjaro
- International flights from JFK
- Itinerary based on 2 children under 12 sharing with their parents
- Accommodation as specified
- Meals as specified
- Drinks (excluding premium brands) on all inclusive properties
- Private 4 x 4 safari vehicle and guide
- Road transfers as detailed in the itinerary
- National Parks and conservation entry fees
- Arusha Coffee Lodge kids activities include: Coffee tour, play ground with jungle gym, slide and swings, wwimming pool with kids animal tubes & water polo, Elewana kids goodie bag, and build your own pizza
- Tarangire Treetops kids activities include: Junior guided walk, Swimming pool, Maasai walks : with a Maasai warrior, learn about the Maasai culture and local bush lore, make Elephant paper from grass and elephant dung, sand painting, history of the baobab tree and roasting marshmallows over the fire after dinner.
- The Manor at Ngorongoro kids activities include: Tractor drive, swimming pool with kids animal tubes and water polo, horse rides, visit to the farmyard, kids playroom/TV in the stable cottage, mountain bikes for 10 years old and older
- Serengeti Pioneer Camp kids activities include: Junior guided walks, swimming pool, assorted board games, crayons and colouring pencils for drawings
- Personal travel insurance
- Additional activities not offered as scheduled by the accommodation
- Visas and visa fees where relevant
- Beverages at the Arusha Coffee Lodge
- Outward Flight:
- Overnight from JFK to Kilimanjaro
- Return Flight:
- Overnight from Kilimanjaro to JFK
You might be also be interested in these alternate tailor-made itineraries:
The prices in our itineraries are intended to guide you towards a potential budget for your holiday.
The cost of your tailored holiday will be dependent on what accommodation and airline class you select, the season you travel in, the airline used, any discounts applied or additional private extras you require.
Our journey specialists understand that you will be searching for a quality holiday at the best price and as we are always looking to establish loyalty to Mahlatini, we will be happy to compare any cheaper options you may have obtained. Do be aware, however, of any hidden extras and that you are indeed comparing like for like whilst also receiving the same quality service and financial protection.