This wonderful itinerary takes you from the foothills of Mulanje Mountain to the 'Lake of Stars' stopping in-between to enjoy the peaks of Zomba and incredible game viewing at Liwonde National Park. Enjoy sunny days in Mulanje climbing the mountain, splashing in the rock pools or taking part in a tea tour. Mulanje offers incredible scenery and activities for everyone. After Mulanje you'll continue to Zomba Mountain, a truly different experience to Mulanje. During a walk on Zomba you could be forgiven for mistaking the lush plantation for a rain forest. Enjoy stunning views from your terrace at Ku Chawe Inn or venture out on horseback to look at Chagwa dam. After your time in Zomba you'll head to Liwonde National Park where you can take part in game drives, walks or boat safaris down Mvuu River. End your stay with two nights at Lake Malawi. The Lake offers fresh water swimming with a plethora of cichlids to enjoy underwater. Have fun snorkelling or walking along the stunning shoreline.
- Tailor-made Itinerary from $3,430 Per Person
- Mount Mulanje
- 2 nights at Huntingdon House
Upon arrival at Chileka Airport in Blantyre you will be met by a member of the Mahlatini team who will assist you to the car hire desk to collect your hire car. From here you will drive yourselves to Huntingdon House.
- Zomba Plateau
- 1 nights at Ku Chawe Inn
Today you will take the drive to the Zomba Plateau.
- Liwonde National Park
- 2 nights at Mvuu Camp
Today you will take the drive to the Liwonde National Park.
- Lake Malawi
- 1 nights at Danforth Yachting
Today you will take the drive to the Lake Malawi.
- Lake Malawi
- 1 nights at Mumbo Island Camp
Today you will take the drive to the reception of Mumbo Island. Here you will take a kayak to the island.
Contact our specialists and start planning your tailor-made holiday to MalawiMake an enquiry
- Arrival Airport: Chileka International
Ku Chawe Inn
Mumbo Island Camp
- Return Airport: Chileka International
- International flights from JFK
- Accommodation as specified
- Meals as specified
- All scheduled safari activities offered by the camps or lodges
- Car hire, group D car (Toyota Rav or similar) including full cover, unlimited km and taxes
- Road transfers as detailed in the itinerary
- National Parks and conservation entry fees
- Personal travel insurance
- Additional activities not offered as scheduled by the accommodation
- Visas and visa fees where relevant
- Beverages with the exception of all inclusive hotels
- Outward Flight:
- Overnight from JFK to Chileka International
- Return Flight:
- Overnight from Chileka International to JFK
You might be also be interested in these alternate tailor-made itineraries:
The prices in our itineraries are intended to guide you towards a potential budget for your holiday.
The cost of your tailored holiday will be dependent on what accommodation and airline class you select, the season you travel in, the airline used, any discounts applied or additional private extras you require.
Our journey specialists understand that you will be searching for a quality holiday at the best price and as we are always looking to establish loyalty to Mahlatini, we will be happy to compare any cheaper options you may have obtained. Do be aware, however, of any hidden extras and that you are indeed comparing like for like whilst also receiving the same quality service and financial protection.