Take your family on the adventure of a lifetime on the sub-tropical East Coast of South Africa. Staying in the only private game lodge within the long established and highly respected Big 5 territory of Hluhluhwe-iMfilozi National Park, only a short and easy drive from Durban, you and your children can marvel at the prolific game and revel in the utter exclusivity of your experience. Located in the heart of Zululand, a stay at this lodge will expose your family to the wonders of this ancient culture. From there it's a short journey to the coast where, lapped by the warm waters of the Indian Ocean, you can enjoy stunning ocean views, whale watching, snorkelling or diving, sightseeing and relaxing. At the right time of year you may even be able to see turtle hatchlings, very special experience! This is one of our absolute favourite family holidays in Africa, packed with special experiences to awe your youngsters and a great way to build life long memories together.
- Tailor-made Itinerary from $9,780 For Family of 4
- Elephant Coast
- 4 nights at Rhino Ridge Safari Lodge
Upon arrival at Durban King Shaka Airport on South Africa's East Coast you will make your way to the car hire desk to collect your hire car. From here you will drive yourself to Rhino Ridge in Northern KwaZulu Natal.
- Elephant Coast
- 5 nights at Thonga Beach Lodge
Today after a morning game drive and leisurely breakfast you will take the short drive to the Elephant Coast.
Onward Transfer to Durban King Shaka Airport
Today you will take the drive to Durban King Shaka Airport where you will drop off your hire car and connect with your onward flight home.
Contact our specialists and start planning your tailor-made holiday to South AfricaMake an enquiry
- Arrival Airport: Durban King Shaka
Rhino Ridge Safari Lodge
Thonga Beach Lodge
- Return Airport: Durban King Shaka
- International flights from JFK
- Accommodation as specified
- Meals as specified
- Car hire, group C car (Toyota Corolla or similar) including full cover, unlimited km and taxes
- National Parks and conservation entry fees
- Scheduled safari activities at Rhino Ridge Safari Lodge and scheduled nature activities at Thonga Beach Lodge
- GPS with your car hire
- Itinerary based on a family of 4 with 2 children aged between 3 and 12 years
- Personal travel insurance
- Additional activities not offered as scheduled by the lodges
- Visas and visa fees where relevant
- Petrol and additional driver's fee
- Outward Flight:
- Overnight from JFK to Durban King Shaka
- Return Flight:
- Overnight from Durban King Shaka to JFK
You might be also be interested in these alternate tailor-made itineraries:
The prices in our itineraries are intended to guide you towards a potential budget for your holiday.
The cost of your tailored holiday will be dependent on what accommodation and airline class you select, the season you travel in, the airline used, any discounts applied or additional private extras you require.
Our journey specialists understand that you will be searching for a quality holiday at the best price and as we are always looking to establish loyalty to Mahlatini, we will be happy to compare any cheaper options you may have obtained. Do be aware, however, of any hidden extras and that you are indeed comparing like for like whilst also receiving the same quality service and financial protection.
We've been shortlisted for the Best Safari Company in this year's British Travel Awards.
Please vote for us