Your tailor-made itinerary
This itinerary offers two of East Africa's greatest wildlife highlights; a gorilla trek in Uganda's Bwindi National Park and a visit to the famous Masai Mara Game Reserve in Kenya, where with any luck you might just catch the great migration and a potential Mara River crossing! Logistically the itinerary is designed to make the transition between the two areas as fast and smooth as possible with light aircraft transfers avoiding potentially long drives. A two night stay in Nairobi is also included and allows you the opportunity to enjoy the city's sights, from the David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage to the Giraffe Sanctuary and the Karen Blixen museum.
- Days: 11
- Countries: Kenya & Uganda
- from $8,150 pp ?
The prices in our itineraries are intended to guide you towards a potential budget for your holiday.
The cost of your tailored holiday will be dependent on what accommodation and airline class you select, the season you travel in, the airline used, any discounts applied or additional private extras you require.
Our journey specialists understand that you will be searching for a quality holiday at the best price and as we are always looking to establish loyalty to Mahlatini, we will be happy to compare any cheaper options you may have obtained. Do be aware, however, of any hidden extras and that you are indeed comparing like for like whilst also receiving the same quality service and financial protection.
Catch your overnight flight from JFK to Entebbe International
Upon arrival at Entebbe Airport you will be met by a member of the Mahlatini team who will transfer you by road to your hotel.
Day 3 - 4
Today you will be transferred back to Enetbbe Airport where you will catch your onward flight via light aircraft to Kihihi. On arrival you will be met by your private driver who will transfer you to your lodge in Bwindi.
Day 5 - 6
Today you will be transferred back to the Kihihi airstrip for your onward flight via light aircraft to Entebbe International Airport. Here you will connect with your onward flight to Nairobi. On arrival you will be met and transferred to your hotel.
Day 7 - 10
Today you will be transferred to Wilson Airport for your onward flight via light aircraft to the Masai Mara. On arrival you will be met and transferred to your camp.
After breakfast you will be transferred back to the airstrip where you will take the return light aircraft flight to Wilson airport. On arrival you will be met and transferred to Nairobi International airport for your international flight home.
Arrive at JFK
- International flights from JFK
- Accommodation as specified
- Meals as specified
- Light aircraft transfers as detailed in the itinerary
- All scheduled safari activities offered by the camps or lodges
- Road transfers as detailed in the itinerary
- National Parks and conservation entry fees
- One gorilla trekking permit per person
- International flight from Entebbe to Nairobi
- Batwa/Pigmy walk
- Personal travel insurance
- Visas and visa fees where relevant
- Beverages with the exception of all inclusive hotels
- Additional activities not included as scheduled at hotels, lodges or camps
- Outward Flight:
- Overnight from JFK to Entebbe International
- Return Flight:
- Overnight from Nairobi International to JFK