This itinerary is designed to not only give you a taste of the best of East Africa but also give you the best chance of catching the famous wildebeest migration. Every year the wildebeest herds move between Kenya's Masai Mara Game Reserve and Tanzania's Serengeti National Park, with the river crossings being one of the most dramatic wildlife spectacles on the planet.
In this trip you will stay in both parks, in Sanctuary Olonana, an award-winning tented camp on a private stretch of the Mara River, where the famous last scene from "Out of Africa" was filmed, and Sanctuary Kichakani Serengeti Camp, a classic tented safari camp which will move around and follow the migration - ensuring you are able to view the migration whatever time of year you travel.
In addition to these, you will get a chance to take in Tarangire National Park, arguably northern Tanzania's most interesting park, famous for the large herds of elephants and spectacular baobab trees. The accommodation throughout is luxurious and the guiding superb. Activities will include game drives, walking safaris and bush meals. Flying between each camp by light aircraft, the transition will be seamless and allow maximum time for exploration and relaxation.
- Tailor-made Itinerary from $6,910 Per Person
- Tarangire National Park
- 3 nights at Sanctuary Swala Camp
Upon arrival at Kilimanjaro Airport in Tanzania you will be met by a member of the Mahlatini team who will assist you onto your light aircraft. From here you will be flown to the Tarangire. On arrival you will be met and transferred to your camp.
- Serengeti & Grumeti Reserves
- 3 nights at Sanctuary Kichakani Serengeti Camp
Today you will catch your light aircraft flight to the Serengeti National Park. Upon arrival you will be met and transferred to your mobile camp.
- Masai Mara
- 3 nights at Sanctuary Olonana Camp
Today you will be returned to the airstrip for your light aircraft flight over the border into Kenya's Masai Mara Game Reserve. Upon arrival you will be met and transferred to your camp.
Onward Transfer to Nairobi International Airport
Today you will be returned to the airstrip for your light aircraft flight to Wilson Airport in Nairobi. From here you will be road transferred to the International Airport for your flight home.
Contact our specialists and start planning your tailor-made holiday to Kenya & Tanzania
Phone: +1 347-708-1755Make an enquiry
- Arrival Airport: Kilimanjaro
Sanctuary Swala Camp
Sanctuary Kichakani Serengeti Camp
Sanctuary Olonana Camp
- Return Airport: Nairobi International
- International flights from JFK
- Accommodation as specified
- Meals as specified
- Light aircraft transfers as detailed in the itinerary
- All scheduled safari activities offered by the camps or lodges
- Road transfers as detailed in the itinerary
- National Parks and conservation entry fees
- Personal travel insurance
- Any additional activities not offered as scheduled by the camps or lodges
- Visas and visa fees where relevant
- Beverages with the exception of all inclusive hotels
- Additional activities not included as scheduled at hotels, lodges or camps
- Outward Flight:
- Overnight from JFK to Kilimanjaro
- Return Flight:
- Overnight from Nairobi International to JFK
You might be also be interested in these alternate tailor-made itineraries:
The prices in our itineraries are intended to guide you towards a potential budget for your holiday.
The cost of your tailored holiday will be dependent on what accommodation and airline class you select, the season you travel in, the airline used, any discounts applied or additional private extras you require.
Our journey specialists understand that you will be searching for a quality holiday at the best price and as we are always looking to establish loyalty to Mahlatini, we will be happy to compare any cheaper options you may have obtained. Do be aware, however, of any hidden extras and that you are indeed comparing like for like whilst also receiving the same quality service and financial protection.
We've been shortlisted for the Best Safari Company in this year's British Travel Awards.
Please vote for us