Mount Mulanje and Highlands
An impressive sight of sheer granite cliffs, Mount Mulanje rises 3000m above the surrounding plains below. It's known as the 'Island in the Sky' by locals as when the mist rises, it envelops the mountain, leaving only the peak which seemingly floats high above the ground. With lush forest carpet valleys and waterfalls, it's a picturesque area home to a number of wildlife species.
- Climb the majestic Mount Mulanje, with a choice of varying hiking trails
- Discover dramatic landscapes of lush forest carpet valleys and waterfalls
- Home to fascinating wildlife, including vervet monkeys and black eagles
- Visit and tour local tea estates in the surrounding area
- Extraordinary fishing opportunities on River Lichenya, abundant with trout
Mount Mulanje Map
TRIPS TO INSPIRE
From majestic wildlife to out of this world natural wonders, enchanting beaches and intriguing cities, every bespoke Mahlatini journey is thrilling. Unsure where to visit? Whether it’s a bucket-list adventure, a milestone celebration or simply a much-needed escape, experience the joy with this inspiring selection of favorites.
- Bespoke itineraries
- Flights and transfers included
- Best rates guaranteed
When to visit
HOW TO BOOK
At Mahlatini, we like to make things easy for you. Browse our website for inspiration or pick up the phone. Whether you’re full of ideas or unsure of where to start, we’re here to help. Serial safari-goer or first-time visitor, we’re ready to create your ultimate tailormade itinerary.
Call us or enquire online. Share your wish list and we’ll start planning your adventure.
Your dedicated travel expert will be in touch within 24 hours to start designing your bespoke African itinerary.
We won’t stop refining your plans until we get the perfect trip at the best price.
Receive your Mahlatini travel documents, pack your bags and set off on your trip of a lifetime!