We are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information whilst striving to provide the very best user experience. We operate a robust data protection policy to ensure the information you give us is managed securely. We follow strict security procedures on how your personal information is stored and used, to help stop any unauthorised person accessing it.
We collect personal details, such as your name, address and email address only when you use our website to send us an enquiry, order a brochure, register with us for competitions, promotions or sign up to receive email newsletters from us.
We will only use those details to respond to your request and to help us respond with the most relevant and useful information or services. Your personal details, including your email address, will never be made available to a third party for the purposes of sending you marketing information, without your prior consent.
We collect personal information from you in three main ways:
We use "cookies" to store and collect information regarding your usage of the website. Cookies are small files placed on your computer's hard drive, or in your browser memory, when you visit our website. Your computer will only share the information in the cookie with the website that provided it, and no other website can request it. Cookies identify a computer browsing a website, not an individual.
There are two types of cookies - session and persistent. Session cookies last only as long as your web browser is open. Once you close your browser, the cookie disappears. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for longer periods of time - typically up to 3 months. Mahlatini's websites may use both types of cookies.
At no time is your private information, whether stored in persistent cookies or elsewhere, shared with third parties who have no right to that information. If you do not wish to have session or persistent cookies stored on your machine, you can turn them off in your browser.
Google Analytics Cookies
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site and user experience. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the specific pages they visited. To find out more about how Google uses this data, please visit their website: www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
2. Automatically collected information
We collect and temporarily store certain technical information about your visit for use in site management and security purposes. This information includes:
- The internet domain from which you access our website
- The type and version of your browser (e.g. Chrome, Internet Explorer) used to access our site
- The operating system (Windows or Mac) used to access our site
- The date and time you access our site
- The URLs of the pages you visit
- The URL of the website or link you used to access our website
This information is only used to help us make our site more relevant to you and easier to use. With this data we learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. No attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits.
3. Personal information taken when booking with us
- Some of the information Mahlatini Luxury Travel collects (such as health conditions) may be considered "sensitive personal data" under the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect it to cater to your unique needs or act in your interest to deliver the best customer care. We are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data from you on the condition that we have your positive consent. Mahlatini Luxury Travel will seek this consent when necessary.
- The personal information Mahlatini Luxury Travel collects about you through these various sources may include:
- Contact details: address, telephone number(s) and email address
- Information necessary to facilitate travel or other services, including travel companion(s) names; emergency contacts; details on special needs including a disability or medical condition which may affect the chosen travel arrangements; dietary restrictions which may disclose your religious beliefs
- Nationality, country of residence and passport number
- Use of products and services such as self-service devices, flight status notification and web check-in
- Information provided via survey, focus group or other marketing research efforts
- Information provided to our travel experts or operations executives to research and resolve client issues or queries
If you consent to joining our email database to receive our email newsletters, then we may collect your name, country of residence and information about your holiday preferences in addition to your email address. This information will be used to send you relevant email newsletters and email marketing communications.
We may conduct customer surveys via email. If you wish to take part in any such survey, we will only use the information you provide via the survey for the purposes specified.
Mahlatini Luxury Travel provides all contacts with a clear option to decline receiving marketing information by e-mail. At any time, you may request to discontinue receiving marketing e-mail from Mahlatini Luxury Travel by following the opt-out instructions included within any e-mail marketing communication, and informing us of your future preference.
If you would like to learn more about our Data Protection and Privacy Policies please contact us online or in writing to:
The Data Protection Officer
Mahlatini Luxury Travel
214 - 216 Holywood Road
Mahlatini has been nominated for the Best Safari, Wildlife & Nature Holiday Company in the British Travel Awards.
Vote for us now and you are automatically entered into the prize draw to win holidays, flights and cruises.
Why choose Mahlatini
- 100% Financial Protection
- Specialist Knowledge
- Personal Service
- 100% Tailor-made