Enchanted Island (Round Island)
Round Island in the Sainte Anne Marine Park is home to the luxurious hideaway of JA Enchanted Island Resort, the only hotel on the island. With just 10 private and fabulously appointed Creole-style villas, this tiny 8 acre island paradise offers seclusion but with all the trimmings.
- Luxury tiny island paradise, but only 10 minutes by speedboat from the main island of Mahé
- Features just 10 spacious pool villas - all designed in a unique Creole style
- Visit nearby Moyenne Island, gifted to the Seychelles government by its former owner, and home to hundreds of freely roaming giant tortoises!
- Take a kayak or snorkel the waters of the surrounding Sainte Anne Marine Park
- Relish a barbecue prepared by your butler on your private deck
- Enjoy privacy, relaxation and exquisite cuisine
- For the ultimate private occasion, rent the whole island for 24 guests - perfect for a wedding, or landmark birthday or anniversary with friends!
Round Island itself is situated just 10 minutes by speedboat from the main island of Mahé. It is surrounded by the azure waters of the Indian Ocean with a few tiny white sand beaches. The island was once a jail, indeed, the original small building now houses the resort's small boutique !
The hotel facilities were opened on the island in 2014, conceived and created by a local Seychellois businessman and designed to reflect the romantic heritage and charm of old Seychelles. Taking five years to create, not one tree was felled during its construction. The resort's villas, all named after endemic Seychelles plants, have all been built to sit 'within' the natural environment of the island - between the granite boulders and amongst the tropical vegetation; as a result, no two villas have exactly the same layout. Walkways weave through the landscape and around the island, but you are never more than 5 minutes from the main bar and restaurant area! Banana palms and other herbs and spices have been planted on the island and are used to help create the mouth-watering cuisine for guests.
Although relatively close to the main island of Mahé, the way the island has been created means that a stay at Enchanted Island Resort makes you feel as though you are on your own tropical island paradise, miles from anywhere.
Enchanted Island Resort can also be rented on an 'exclusive island basis', making it the ultimate island retreat for a special birthday or anniversary celebration, or perhaps for a truly memorable Seychelles wedding. Sleeping up to a maximum of 24 guests in the island's 10 villas, arrangements can be tailored to individual requirements.
Selected Enchanted Island itineraries
Our favourite itineraries, showcasing the best of Enchanted Island