Fregate Island Private offers a truly unique island experience. Although only 20 minutes by helicopter from Mahé, it is a world away from mass tourism. The French explorer Lazare Picault discovered the island in 1744, was so impressed by the flying abilities of the local fregate bird that he named the island after them. Today, Fregate is truly a 'unique island experience'.
- Luxury island paradise with just 16 pool villas
- Seven idyllic beaches including the tiny 'Anse Macquereau' - flip the sign to 'occupied' and no one else will disturb you, the beach is yours!
- Complimentary added-value benefits for guests include a welcome massage or a half-day fishing excursion
- Take a guided nature tour with island's resident ecology manager to discover unique fauna and flora - including many giant Aldabra tortoises
- Private butler service including a 'dine anywhere, anytime' concept
Famed as a luxury island paradise with just 16 spacious residences, Fregate is, however, heavily involved in conservation, from marine life to unique species of fauna and flora. Over the last 20 years, the island is slowly being restored back to its original state. This has meant the removal of many coconut palms and replacing the indigenous forest with thousands of new trees, shrubs and flowers. The island is a sanctuary to hundreds of thousands of tropical birds with some 140 different species.
Of significant importance to the island is the Seychelles Magpie Robin. Some 30 years ago it was almost extinct with a headcount of just 14 - the second rarest bird in the world. The population now numbers a more healthy 200 birds thanks to a special conservations programme which has kept the islands free of pesticides, rates and rodents - ensuring that the Magpie Robins can breed safely on the ground. Similar successes are being recorded for the Seychelles White-eye birds, Aldabra Giant Tortoises and Seychelles Tortoises. Over 2200 Aldabra tortoises freely roam around the island.
In the waters around Fregate Island, it is not uncommon for divers to encounter whale shark and dolphins during the diving season. And, of course, the rare and endangered Hawksbill and Green Turtles are also frequent visitors to the island's beaches.
Guests staying on Fregate are encouraged to participate in the island's highly successful conservation programme. For example, the island's 'adopt a tortoise' programme is focussed on saving juvenile Aldabra Giant Tortoises, and a contribution of 100 Euros helps towards this as well as other endangered species, including the island's mascot - the Seychelles Magpie Robin..The island's resident ecologists are able to accompany guests, either on land or to explore the marine life, and share their unique understanding of this environment.
Fregate is an island for those seeking privacy and escapism. As well as all its conservation, it offers seven dream beaches, crystal clear waters, as well as flora and fauna unparalleled in the world. Despite the island's relative proximity to the main island of Mahé, only a few tourists find their way to this luxury private paradise!
Three Island Ultimate Luxury Seychelles Holiday
- Cost Per Person
- From $32,600 (Includes international flights from JFK)
- Mahe, North Island, Fregate Island
Seychelles Ultimate Private Island Hopping Honeymoon
- Cost Per Person
- From $29,120 (Includes international flights from JFK)
- North Island, Fregate Island
Fregate Private Island Honeymoon
- Cost Per Person
- From $13,680 (Includes international flights from JFK)
- Fregate Island