One of the Western Cape's most striking features; the rising tors of the Cederberg Mountains pierce the sky with sandstone peaks and sweep away into deep valleys. This is a harsh area of wilderness, beautiful in its remoteness and completely explorable - hikers and rock climbers in particular are set to fall in love with holidays to the Cedarberg.
- Embark on a variety of exciting hikes along 250kms of hiking trails
- Spot caracal, baboon, antelope and, very occasionally, leopard.
- Experience the hot springs of Citrusdal
- Take in the wildflowers of the Biedouw Valley during spring
Set off on one of the 250kms of hiking trails in the Cederberg Wilderness Area to take on a journey of discovery through this stunning landscape. Craggy rock formations stand alongside a wide variety of ancient San rock art while a number of species call the area home. There's the chance to see caracal, baboon, antelope and, very occasionally, leopard.
Travel to the nearby small town of Citrusdal to experience the gorgeous countryside of its surrounds and to try their famed hot springs, or, for some of the best bouldering around visit the Pakuis Pass. To experience one of the Western Cape's prettiest drives, travelling to the Moravian Mission Station Wuppertal is a must: the scenery is dramatic with the Biedouw Valley breath-taking, the floor of which is carpeted in wildflowers during the spring.
Luxury Cape and Coast Holiday Special
- Cost Per Person
- Cost Per Person: from $3,270 (Includes international flights from JFK)
- South Africa
- Cape Town, Cedarberg, Durban
Cape Town, Bushmans Kloof and Durban Self Drive Family Holiday
- Cost For Family of 4
- Cost For Family of 4: from $16,290 (Includes international flights from JFK)
- South Africa
- Cape Town, Cedarberg, Durban, Phinda Private Game Reserve
- Featured Accommodations
Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve and Wellness Retreat Client Score: Not yet rated
Found in the shadow of the Cederberg Mountains, the Homestead of Bushmans Kloof Wilderness Reserve affords guests a stunning 7500 hectares of wilderness to explore, incredible game viewing and world class cuisine.