Onsea House is a cosy and warm boutique hotel situated east of Arusha with panoramic views across the Maasai steppe and Mount Meru. It is the perfect place to relax before or after a safari or after a Kilimanjaro climb. Onsea House is run by Dirk and Axel Janssens, 2 cousins from Belgium who make it their mission to ensure guests are treated to top-notch accommodation and first-class food.
Onsea House offers 4 standard rooms which all open onto a shared terrace. All rooms are ensuite with bathtubs and overhead showers. A self-contained guest cottage which is adjacent can accommodate 6 guests and so is perfect for families travelling together. All of the rooms are tastefully decorated in an African-colonial style with four poster beds, writing desks, mosquito nets and butler-style beside tables.
Guests can relax in the manicured tropical gardens or the outdoor Jacuzzi and floodlit swimming pool with lawn bar. The secret weapon of Onsea House is Axel, the Michelin experienced chef who provides some of the best food in Tanzania. Guests will be treated to a fusion of European and African delights on the dining terrace whilst enjoying the views overlooking the valley.
How to get to Onsea House Country Inn and Guest Cottage
30 minutes' drive from Kilimanjaro airport, 25 minutes' drive from Arusha airport and only 10 minutes to Arusha town centre.
Activities at Onsea House Country Inn and Guest Cottage
Visits together with the chef to the colourful Arusha market, day trips to Arusha National Park, bird watching day trips, spa treatments, walks and bike rides.
Vivin Hegde & Kanishka Koshal5
Onsea was a nice and comfortable lodge. The food here was amazing and the hospitality was quite nice tooRead full trip review
David& Susan Lyon4
Lovely location and inn but the staff were not very helpful nor friendly, compared to the other locations we were at. Could have been due to the fact that we were only in a room for the day. That being said, we'd still recommend it.Read full trip review
Northern Tanzania Safari Dry Season Highlights
- Cost Per Person
- Cost Per Person: from $6,850 (Includes international flights from JFK)
- Ngorongoro Crater, Arusha, Tarangire National Park, Serengeti & Grumeti Reserves
Northern Tanzania and Zanzibar Family Adventure
- Cost For Family of 4
- Cost For Family of 4: from $18,040 (Includes international flights from JFK)
- Ngorongoro Crater, Arusha, Tarangire National Park, Serengeti & Grumeti Reserves, Zanzibar Island
Tanzania Migration and Mozambique Holiday
- Cost Per Person
- Cost Per Person: from $11,320 (Includes international flights from JFK)
- Mozambique, Tanzania
- Quirimbas Archipelago, Ngorongoro Crater, Arusha, Serengeti & Grumeti Reserves
Seasonal Serengeti and Zanzibar Holiday
- Cost Per Adult
- Cost Per Adult: from $6,170 (Includes international flights from JFK)
- Ngorongoro Crater, Arusha, Serengeti & Grumeti Reserves, Zanzibar Island