Located at the centre of the Murchison Falls National Park, the largest National Park in Uganda, and just south of the Victoria Nile, Sambiya River Lodge is situated a mere 15-20 minute drive away from the top of the amazing Murchison Falls. Here you can view the mighty Nile pushing its way through a gap in the rocks, dashing out to fall some 141ft below, before heading westward in search of Lake Albert. The surrounding area delivers a rich mix of thick forest and savannah scenery, which is home to a great diversity of wildlife, however, the area is particularly synonymous with leopard.
Guests can expect 26 thatched cottages, with double beds and en suite facilities and 10 basic bandas. The thatched cottages are a more comfortable option than the bandas and are quite spacious, possessing mosquito nets, screened windows and doors, fans to stay cool in the summer months and a quaint veranda on which to sit and admire the view. The thatched bandas come at a lower price but offer far less facilities, with some sharing a bathroom block. The main lodge area provides guests with a dining area and bar and a swimming pool.
How to get to Sambiya River Lodge
Sambiya River Lodge is situated anything from 6 - 8 hour's drive from Entebbe / Kampala depending on departure point and road conditions.
Activities at Sambiya River Lodge
Boat trips up and down the Nile, game drives, drives to the top of the Falls, walking safaris, chimp tracking, fishing and birding.
Ultimate Uganda Escape Holiday
- Cost Per Person
- Cost Per Person: from $13,550 (Includes international flights from JFK)
- Bwindi, Queen Elizabeth National Park, Kibale, Jinja, Murchison Falls
Ultimate Uganda Safari
- Cost Per Person
- Cost Per Person: from $8,890 (Includes international flights from JFK)
- Entebbe & Kampala, Bwindi, Queen Elizabeth National Park, Kibale, Lake Mburo, Murchison Falls
Western Uganda Family Safari
- Cost For Family of 4
- Cost For Family of 4: from $34,460 (Includes international flights from JFK)
- Chobe, Entebbe & Kampala, Bwindi, Queen Elizabeth National Park, Murchison Falls