GALLE & SOUTH COAST
Few places combine historical sights, excellent shopping and dining, charming boutique hotels and beautiful beaches quite as perfectly as Galle. This fortified coastal city, originally built by the Portuguese in the 16th century, exudes a delightful blend of Asian and European influences. Foodies will love sampling Galle’s contemporary cafes and fine dining restaurants, with seafood and spice specialties, as well as private cookery courses to recreate the dishes back home. Galle is the gateway to many coastal villages and eco-friendly beach resorts along the South Coast with varied attractions to suit nature lovers, spiritual tourists and water sports enthusiasts.
- Walk the stone battlements of the Dutch Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Stroll the laidback streets of Galle old town for stylish shopping and leisurely dining
- Relax on stunning beaches near Galle or in Tangalle, a breeding ground for turtles
- Witness magnificent blue and sperm whales close to the coast near Mirissa
- Learn to surf in the horseshoe bay of Welligama, or the hidden gem, Hiriketiya Bay
- Cruise through the rainforest waterways spotting monitor lizards and exotic birds
- Boat Trip
- Whale Watching
- Food Experiences
- City Sights
- Natural Wonders
- Cultural Experiences
Galle & South Coast Map
TRIPS TO INSPIRE
Wondrous and warm-hearted, Sri Lanka enriches and transforms all who visit. From honeymoons to family adventures, safari and solo trips, experience the joy with this inspiring selection of our favorite itineraries.
- Bespoke itineraries
- Flights and transfers included
- Best rates guaranteed
When to visit
HOW TO BOOK
At Mahlatini, we like to make things easy for you. Browse our website for inspiration or pick up the phone. Whether you’re full of ideas or unsure of where to start, we’re here to help. Serial safari-goer or first-time visitor, we’re ready to create your ultimate tailormade itinerary.
Call us or inquire online. Share your wish list and we’ll start planning your adventure.
Your dedicated travel expert will be in touch within 24 hours to start designing your bespoke itinerary.
We won’t stop refining your plans until we get the perfect trip at the best price.
Receive your Mahlatini travel documents, pack your bags and set off on your trip of a lifetime!