Fugitives Drift Lodge
- An award-wining pioneer of heritage tourism in South Africa, Fugitives Drift Lodge is set in a 5000 acre game reserve with 22km of river frontage. It is synonymous with the late David Rattray, an internationally recognized authority on the battlefields of KwaZulu Natal. Fugitives Drift still works with the team he put together in order to bring the Anglo Zulu war back to life.
Fugitives Drift Lodge offers 10 spacious, en suite rooms each with its own veranda looking out towards Buffalo Gorge. You will eat communally in the large dining room or out on the deck and after your battlefield tour can take a dip in the swimming pool, with fantastic views out over Isandlwana and Rorkes' Drift.
- Thought-provoking and often emotionally charged AngloZulu battlefield tours
- A fine collection of books, papers, and artwork pertaining to the Zulu War
- Teeming with wildlife and with views out over Zululand and the battlefields
- Hospitable hosts who treasure the area and its history and want to share it
At a glance
- 10 Rooms
- All Ages
- Open All Year
- Full Board
"Book a guided scenic walk through the reserve to learn about vegetation, spoor, game (large and small), birds, insects, medicinal properties of certain plants, and other interesting facts."
Adventures and activities to ensure lifetime memories are made. From unforgettable thrills to indulgent relaxation, choose those that appeal most.
Take a journey through Fugitives Drift Lodge to get a flavour of its unique style and character, designed to enchant every guest.
TRIPS TO INSPIRE
From majestic wildlife to out of this world natural wonders, enchanting beaches and intriguing cities, every bespoke Mahlatini journey is thrilling. Unsure where to visit? Whether it’s a bucket-list adventure, a milestone celebration or simply a much-needed escape, experience the joy with this inspiring selection of favorites.
- Bespoke itineraries
- Flights and transfers included
- Best rates guaranteed
HOW TO BOOK
At Mahlatini, we like to make things easy for you. Browse our website for inspiration or pick up the phone. Whether you’re full of ideas or unsure of where to start, we’re here to help. Serial safari-goer or first-time visitor, we’re ready to create your ultimate tailormade itinerary.
Call us or inquire online. Share your wish list and we’ll start planning your adventure.
Your dedicated travel expert will be in touch within 24 hours to start designing your bespoke African itinerary.
We won’t stop refining your plans until we get the perfect trip at the best price.
Receive your Mahlatini travel documents, pack your bags and set off on your trip of a lifetime!
We routinely go the extra mile to ensure that we not only plan the perfect itinerary but ensure that you're in good hands at every stage of your journey. That's why we are especially proud to maintain an overall client satisfaction rating of 98%.
Honeymoon to Namibia
This trip exceeded every expectation we had. Everything was perfectly organized for us from the lodges to the small aircraft and transfers, and the activities were also perfectly planned out without feeling like we were on a strict schedule.Read full review
Honeymoon to South Africa & Mozambique
Overall, our trip was amazing. It was the trip of a lifetime and Haleigh and I both had the time of our lives.Read full review
Honeymoon to South Africa & Mauritius
Mind blowing, relaxing, and just perfection. After all the craziness of 2020, this trip really took our breaths away and was exactly what we looking for and more.Read full review