This family holiday includes a city-break in the cosmopolitan Cape Town, a laid-back stay in the Cape Winelands and a thrilling Big 5 safari in the malaria-free Madikwe Game Reserve, staying in luxurious accommodation throughout. Begin with 5 nights in the beautifully elegant, yet entirely child-friendly, Twelve Apostles Hotel offering some of the best views in Cape Town. With your hire car it is within an easy drive of the city's most popular attractions such as Table Mountain, the V&A Waterfront and the beaches of Camps Bay.
The next stop is the picturesque winelands region which offers a surprising number of child-friendly activities from picnics and horse riding, to bike riding and visits to animal sanctuaries. Your stay at exquisite Franschhoek Country House will provide a child-minding service to allow you to treat yourselves to a meal in one of the many award-wining restaurants of Franschhoek.
End on a high by travelling to the Madikwe Game Reserve in the far north of South Africa. Tuningi Safari Lodge welcomes children and provides them with the opportunity to experience the wonders of nature, wildlife and the delicate eco-system first-hand. Experience exciting Big 5 game drives and some down time by the swimming pool. In the evenings, share the exciting stories of the day while you re-connect with your children without the normal day to day distractions.
- Tailor-made Itinerary from $19,470 For Family of 4
- Cape Town
- 5 nights at Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa
Upon arrival at Cape Town International Airport you will make your way to the car hire desk to collect your hire car. From here you will drive yourself to Cape Town.
- 3 nights at Franschhoek Country House & Villas
Today you will take the drive to the Winelands.
- 4 nights at Tuningi Safari Lodge
Today you will take the drive to Cape Town International Airport where you will drop off your hire car and catch your flight to Johannesburg. On arrival you will be met and privately transferred to Madikwe Game Reserve, around 4 hour's drive north of Johannesburg, on the border of Botswana.
Onward Transfer to Johannesburg OR Tambo International Airport
Today you will be met by your private driver who will transfer you by road to Johannesburg OR Tambo International Airport where you will connect with your onward flight home.
Contact our specialists and start planning your tailor-made holiday to South Africa
Phone: +1 347-708-1755Make an enquiry
- Arrival Airport: Cape Town International
Twelve Apostles Hotel & Spa
Franschhoek Country House & Villas
Tuningi Safari Lodge
- Return Airport: Johannesburg OR Tambo International
- International flights from JFK
- Accommodation as specified
- Meals as specified
- All scheduled safari activities offered by Tuningi Safari Lodge
- Car hire in the Cape in a group C car (Toyota Corolla or similar) including full cover, unlimited km and taxes
- Road transfers as detailed in the itinerary
- National Parks and conservation entry fees
- GPS with your car hire
- Itinerary based on a family of 4 with 2 children aged between 3 and 12 years
- Personal travel insurance
- Additional activities not offered as scheduled by Tuningi Safari Lodge
- Visas and visa fees where relevant
- Petrol and additional driver's fee
- Outward Flight:
- Overnight from JFK to Cape Town International
- Return Flight:
- Overnight from Johannesburg OR Tambo International to JFK
You might be also be interested in these alternate tailor-made itineraries:
The prices in our itineraries are intended to guide you towards a potential budget for your holiday.
The cost of your tailored holiday will be dependent on what accommodation and airline class you select, the season you travel in, the airline used, any discounts applied or additional private extras you require.
Our journey specialists understand that you will be searching for a quality holiday at the best price and as we are always looking to establish loyalty to Mahlatini, we will be happy to compare any cheaper options you may have obtained. Do be aware, however, of any hidden extras and that you are indeed comparing like for like whilst also receiving the same quality service and financial protection.
We've been shortlisted for the Best Safari Company in this year's British Travel Awards.
Please vote for us