South Africa is such a family-friendly destination, it has sunny weather, stunning scenery, excellent value family accommodation, a huge variety of activities, excellent road infrastructure and of course the famous wildlife. This itinerary ticks all those boxes and more, allowing you and your family to explore this fascinating part of the country in a leisurely and laid back fashion. Travel along the beautiful Cape coast taking in the cosmopolitan city of Cape Town, with its many attractions, the scenic winelands, with a surprising number of child-friendly activities, and the famous Garden Route which is jam-packed with things to do, from hiking and kayaking to boat tours and elephant interactions.
The highlight will undoubtedly be the Big 5 safari at Amakhala Private Game Reserve where you and the kids can expect thrilling game drives, seeing all the animals you have dreamed of seeing in the wild. Switch off from technology and share some precious family time around a campfire under the African night sky. This is a tried and tested route for families and the experts at Mahlatini will have vast experience in the area and will tailor your trip to be unique to your family.
- Tailor-made Itinerary from $10,220 For Family of 4
- Cape Town
- 4 nights at The Clarendon Fresnaye
Upon arrival at Cape Town International Airport you will make your wady to the car hire desk to collect your hire car. From here you will drive yourselves to Cape Town.
- 2 nights at Spier Hotel
Today you will take the drive to the Winelands.
- 2 nights at Surval Boutique Olive Estate
Today you will drive the scenic Route 62 wine route towards the small town of Oudtshoorn in the Klein Karoo area of South Africa's Western Cape, known for its ostrich farms and world-famous Cango Caves.
- Plettenberg Bay
- 4 nights at Robberg House
Today you will take the drive to the Plettenberg Bay, a small coastal town on the famed Garden Route.
- Amakhala Game Reserve
- 3 nights at Amakhala Woodbury Lodge
Today you will take the drive to the Amakhala Game Reserve, a private Big 5, malaria-free game reserve in the Eastern Cape.
Onward Transfer to Port Elizabeth Airport
Today you will take the drive to Port Elizabeth Airport where you will drop off your hire car and connect with your onward flight home.
Contact our specialists and start planning your tailor-made holiday to South AfricaMake an enquiry
- Arrival Airport: Cape Town International
The Clarendon Fresnaye
Surval Boutique Olive Estate
Amakhala Woodbury Lodge
- Return Airport: Port Elizabeth
- International flights from JFK
- Accommodation as specified
- Meals as specified
- All scheduled safari activities offered by Amakhala Woodbury Lodge
- Car hire, group C car (Toyota Corolla similar) including full cover, unlimited km and taxes
- National Parks and conservation entry fees
- Itinerary is based on 2 children between the ages of 3 and 12
- GPS with your car hire
- House beverages (excluding premium brands) at Amakhala Woodbury Lodge
- Personal travel insurance
- Additional activities not offered as scheduled by Amakhala Woodbury Lodge
- Visas and visa fees where relevant
- Beverages with the exception of Amakhala Woodbury Lodge
- Outward Flight:
- Overnight from JFK to Cape Town International
- Return Flight:
- Overnight from Port Elizabeth to JFK
You might be also be interested in these alternate tailor-made itineraries:
The prices in our itineraries are intended to guide you towards a potential budget for your holiday.
The cost of your tailored holiday will be dependent on what accommodation and airline class you select, the season you travel in, the airline used, any discounts applied or additional private extras you require.
Our journey specialists understand that you will be searching for a quality holiday at the best price and as we are always looking to establish loyalty to Mahlatini, we will be happy to compare any cheaper options you may have obtained. Do be aware, however, of any hidden extras and that you are indeed comparing like for like whilst also receiving the same quality service and financial protection.