The best of the Cape in a self drive option. Explore stunning South Africa in some of the most amazing tourist hot spots. Start in magnificent Cape Town and slowly make your way along the scenically beautiful Garden Route, before finishing on the Eastern Cape with a stunning safari. This is an amazing itinerary for those travelling to SA for the first time and hoping to experience as much as possible. The highlights of this trip are Cape Town with its world renowned visitor attractions, and a superb malaria free big five safari.
- Tailor-made Itinerary from $3,680 Per Person
- Cape Town
- 4 nights at Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel and Spa
Upon arrival at Cape Town International Airport you will make your way to the car hire desk to collect your hire car. From here you will drive yourself to Cape Town.
- 2 nights at Avondrood Guest House
Today you will take the drive to the Winelands.
- 2 nights at De Zeekoe Guest Farm
Today you will take the drive to the Oudtshoorn.
- 3 nights at Leisure Isle Boutique Lodge
Today you will take the drive to the Knysna.
- Amakhala Game Reserve
- 3 nights at Amakhala Safari Lodge
Today you will take the drive to you Amakhala Private Game Reserve.
Onward Transfer to Port Elizabeth Airport
Today you will take the drive to Port Elizabeth Airport where you will drop off your hire car and connect with your onward flight home.
Contact our specialists and start planning your tailor-made holiday to South Africa
Phone: +1 347-708-1755Make an enquiry
- Arrival Airport: Cape Town International
Cloud 9 Boutique Hotel and Spa
Avondrood Guest House
De Zeekoe Guest Farm
Leisure Isle Boutique Lodge
Amakhala Safari Lodge
- Return Airport: Port Elizabeth
- International flights from JFK
- International flights as specified
- Accommodation as specified
- Meals as specified
- Drinks (excluding premium brands) at all inclusive lodges
- All scheduled safari activities offered by the camps or lodges
- Car hire, group B car (Ford Fiesta or similar) including full cover, unlimited km and taxes
- National Parks and conservation entry fees
- Personal travel insurance
- Visas and visa fees where relevant
- Beverages with the exception of all inclusive hotels
- Additional activities not included as scheduled at hotels, lodges or camps
- Outward Flight:
- Overnight from JFK to Cape Town International
- Return Flight:
- Overnight from Port Elizabeth to JFK
You might be also be interested in these alternate tailor-made itineraries:
The prices in our itineraries are intended to guide you towards a potential budget for your holiday.
The cost of your tailored holiday will be dependent on what accommodation and airline class you select, the season you travel in, the airline used, any discounts applied or additional private extras you require.
Our journey specialists understand that you will be searching for a quality holiday at the best price and as we are always looking to establish loyalty to Mahlatini, we will be happy to compare any cheaper options you may have obtained. Do be aware, however, of any hidden extras and that you are indeed comparing like for like whilst also receiving the same quality service and financial protection.
We've been shortlisted for the Best Safari Company in this year's British Travel Awards.
Please vote for us