La Digue, just 4 miles off the coast of Praslin and the fourth largest island in Seychelles, is a major centre of Seychelles' tourism. At just 3 miles by 1.8, it is often celebrated for its giant sculpted granite boulders that adorn many of its spectacular beaches such as Anse Source D'Argent, reputed to be one of the most photographed beaches in the world.
- World famous beaches
- Island tour by bicycle (or oxcart!)
- Veuve Nature Reserve
- Relaxed island-style way of life
- Anse Source D'Argent beach - one of the most photographed in the world
- Spectacular views and sunsets from the top of Nid D'Aigle
- Home to some of Seychelles' rarest bird species such as the Black Paradise Flycatcher
- Sunset cruises around La Digue and snorkelling excursions to nearby islands including Coco and Sisters
There are very few hotels on La Digue, the largest and most popular being Le Domaine de L'Orangeraie; the majority of accommodation is authentic, island-style small guest houses and self-catering chalets, most of which are on, or close to, the west coast. Thankfully, the island is only a 20-minute ferry ride from neighbouring Praslin, so it's easy to take a day-trip to La Digue and explore its leafy, meandering lanes and sleepy island ways.
On La Digue, more traditional forms of transport still hold sway such as bicycles or oxcarts. Its rich history means there are many fine examples of French style colonial architecture and the island also has some of Seychelles' rarest species of fauna including the Black Paradise Flycatcher bird (found nowhere else on earth) as well as many giant tortoises. La Digue is, in many people's eyes, the perfect Seychelles holiday location - perfect as part of a tailor-made Seychelles island-hopping itinerary and an idyllic retreat for a Seychelles honeymoon.
Classic Seychelles Twin-Island Honeymoon
- Cost Per Person
- Cost Per Person: from $4,960 (Includes international flights from JFK)
- Mahe, La Digue
Three Island Unique Seychelles Holiday
- Cost Per Person
- Cost Per Person: from $5,890 (Includes international flights from JFK)
- Mahe, La Digue, Praslin
- Featured Accommodations
Le Domaine de L'Orangeraie Client Score: 3.5
Situated on the north-west coast of La Digue near La Passe village and close to one of the island's fine sandy beaches, Anse Severe, Le Domaine de L'Orangeraie is a lovely boutique hideaway set in gorgeous hillside gardens.