Situated 19 miles off the north-west coast off Mahé, and rising to a height of 800 metres, the mountainous Silhouette island is the third largest island in the Seychelles archipelago. Much of the island, including the slopes of Mount Daubon, are covered with tropical forests. The only resort on the island is the 5-star Hilton Seychelles Labriz, located on the north east coast beside a long sandy beach; it offers a choice of spacious villa-style accommodation, some with private pools. The island is only reached by boat from Mahé (40 minutes) or by helicopter (15 minutes).
Silhouette has been designated a National Park and has an abundance of rare fauna and flora, with many indigenous species including orchids, incense trees, numerous species of birds, as well as giant tortoises. The Island Conservation Society undertake much work in relation to the fauna and flora, including a turtle monitoring project. In 2014, for example, over 300 turtle nests were recorded and 31 turtles were successfully tagged. Several different walks and treks can be taken from the hotel through the forest, some with guides.
The waters around Silhouette is also a Marine National Park, encircled by a coral reef with an abundance of marine life including many species of tropical fish such as angel fish, soldier fish, squirrel fish and butterfly fish. There are many excellent snorkelling locations and Silhouette is renowned for excellent diving and fishing.
- Mountainous granite island, a designated National Park, with extensive tropical forests and unique species
- Hilton Seychelles Labriz, the only resort on the island, offering spacious villa-style accommodation
- Encircled by a coral reef, much of the waters around Silhouette are a Marine National Park
- Superb diving with over 20 dive sites nearby
- Stunning Spa set amidst the giant granite boulders and tropical foliage
- Take a short boat cruise and then trek back through the tropical forest to discover the island's rich ecology
Why choose Mahlatini
- 100% Financial Protection
- Specialist Knowledge
- Personal Service
- 100% Tailor-made
Family Resort Holiday on Tropical Seychelles Island
- Cost Per Person
- From $7,680 (Includes international flights from JFK)
- Silhouette Island
Seychelles Twin Island Family Holiday
- Cost For Family of 4
- From $17,400 (Includes international flights from JFK)
- Silhouette Island, Sainte Anne Island