Think 'safari' and you will inevitably conjure up 'Out of Africa' images of boundless plains, balloon safaris and huge herds of animals. Tanzania is the quintessential Africa of our imaginings.
Home to snow-capped Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest mountain; its most iconic national park, the Serengeti and the continent's largest game reserve, the Selous; Tanzania also hosts the famous wildebeest migration. Combine these bucket-list experiences with numerous other scenically different national parks as well as unspoilt, palm-fringed islands and the unique Masai culture and you have a safari holiday of a lifetime.
Tanzania's diverse landscape lends itself to providing a host of vastly different safari experiences. Our expert consultants will tailor your safari to include such adventures as action-packed game drives in the Ngorongoro Crater, chimpanzee tracking in the lush tropical forests of Western Tanzania, walking safaris in the Ruaha and boating safaris down the Selous's Rufiji River.
Undoubtedly one of the most unique experiences on offer across Tanzania is the opportunity to sleep 'under canvas'. It's camping but not as you would know it. Step back in time to the days of the early explorers and picture yourself lying in your luxury tent with only a canvas wall separating you from the sounds of Africa - take it from us, it is pure exhilaration!
When all the safari adventure is at an end, where better to head than the picture-perfect beaches of the Zanzibar archipelago? Lounge on the exotic beaches while watching the traditional dhows sail in at sunset or get to grips with the rich Swahili cultural heritage of these islands.
The Tanzanian coastline is highly regarded as a snorkelling and diving hotspot as the languid tropical waters are home to a fantastic coral life.
Typifying most people's vision of a safari and offering so much more, holidays to Tanzania are one of the very best travel experiences that Africa has to offer. Whether you are planning a honeymoon, a family holiday or that much longed for safari holiday, Tanzania is everything to everyone.
We're absolutely wild about Tanzania and we know you will be too. Contact our Tanzania safari specialists for a tailor-made itinerary today.
Mahlatini have been nominated for the Best Safari, Wildlife & Nature Holiday Company in the British Travel Awards. Vote for us now and you are automatically entered into the prize draw to win holidays, flights and cruises.
- Unrivalled concentrations of wildlife including the highest concentration of mammals on earth
- Stunningly beautiful and diverse landscapes
- Holidays combining big game safaris and sun drenched, tropical beaches
- Family friendly safaris
- Caters brilliantly for honeymooners
- The amazing wildebeest migration
- Interesting cultural interactions with the Masai and Swahili cultures
- The opportunity to climb Africa's highest mountain, Mount Kilimanjaro
- A vast array of accommodation types and safari lodges
Why choose Mahlatini
- 100% Financial Protection
- Specialist Knowledge
- Personal Service
- 100% Tailor-made
Luxury Migration Safari and Zanzibar Beach Special
- Cost Per Person
- From $4,800 (Includes international flights from JFK)
- Masai Mara, Zanzibar Island
The Wonders of Tanzania's Northern Circuit Special
- Cost Per Person
- From $8,710 (Includes international flights from JFK)
- Ngorongoro Crater, Lake Manyara, Serengeti & Grumeti Reserves
The Ultimate Summer Tanzania Family Holiday
- Cost For Family of 4
- From $29,780 (Includes international flights from JFK)
- Arusha, Serengeti & Grumeti Reserves, Zanzibar Island
Tanzania Longer For Less Special
- Cost Per Person
- From $6,700 (Includes international flights from JFK)
- Ngorongoro Crater, Tarangire National Park, Serengeti & Grumeti Reserves
Jonathan Sprague & Shareen Yew5
This was by far the most amazing trip we have had as befits our honeymoon. The level of care/ hospitality by each of our hosts (at Lewa Safari camp and Elephant Pepper, as well as Cheli & peacock ground staff) was top notch, and we never wanted for anything. The itinerary was well thought out by Claire and it was great to not have to figure out what we wanted to do while on the trip.Read full trip review
Phillip & Linda Carling5
Overall it was an amazing trip with definite segments ; animals , walking , memory lane and beach . The whole family loved it ; friendly and courteous people wherever we went , locations to die for , memories for a life time !Read full trip review
Wonderful trip, organized really wellRead full trip review