This self-drive holiday is the perfect introduction to South Africa's sensational wildlife and stunning coastline and scenery.
Your journey will take you from the city of Durban on South Africa's East Coast, all the way up the coastline towards Mozambique. Enroute you will pass through the independent kingdom of Swaziland and conclude with a Big 5-safari in the Kruger Park after an exploration of the surrounding waterfalls, sweeping valleys and sheer cliffs of the Panorama Route (in the province of Mpumalanga).
Staying in comfortable 4 or 5 star accommodation throughout, you can expect incredible scenery from coastal forests, unspoilt beaches and spectacular lakes, to the Blyde River Canyon and the typical safari landscape of the South African bushveld. There is so much to do from snorkelling, scuba diving, kayaking and boat trips to game drives and forest walks as well as plenty of opportunities for relaxation. Tick off wildlife sightings as you travel, from hippos and crocodiles in St Lucia to elephants, lions, buffalo and leopards many many more in the Kruger Park.
- Tailor-made Itinerary from $5,020 Per Person
- 3 nights at Fairmont Zimbali Resort
Upon arrival at Durban King Shaka Airport you will be met by a member of the Mahlatini team who will assist you to the car hire desk to collect your hire car. From here you will drive yourselves to your hotel.
- Elephant Coast
- 2 nights at Lidiko Lodge
Today you will take the drive to St Lucia.
- Elephant Coast
- 3 nights at Rocktail Beach Camp
Today you will drive to the Elephant Coast.
- 2 nights at Foresters Arms Country Hotel
Today you will take the drive to the Swaziland.
- Panorama Route
- 2 nights at Oliver's Restaurant and Lodge
Today you will take the drive to the Panorama Route bordering in the Kruger National Park.
- Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- 4 nights at Kambaku Safari Lodge
Today you will take the drive to the Timbavati Private Game Reserve in the Greater Kruger Park.
Onward Transfer to Johannesburg OR Tambo International Airport
Today you will take the drive to Hoedspruit Airport where you will drop off your hire car and connect with your onward flight to Johannesburg and international connection.
Contact our specialists and start planning your tailor-made holiday to South Africa
Phone: +1 347-708-1755Make an enquiry
- Arrival Airport: Durban King Shaka
Fairmont Zimbali Resort
Rocktail Beach Camp
Foresters Arms Country Hotel
Oliver's Restaurant and Lodge
Kambaku Safari Lodge
- Return Airport: Johannesburg OR Tambo International
- International flights from JFK
- Accommodation as specified
- Meals as specified
- All scheduled safari activities offered by the camps or lodges
- Car hire, group B car, including full cover, unlimited km and taxes & GPS
- National Parks and conservation entry fees
- Personal travel insurance
- Additional activities not offered as scheduled by the accommodation
- Outward Flight:
- Overnight from JFK to Durban King Shaka
- Return Flight:
- Overnight from Johannesburg OR Tambo International to JFK
You might be also be interested in these alternate tailor-made itineraries:
The prices in our itineraries are intended to guide you towards a potential budget for your holiday.
The cost of your tailored holiday will be dependent on what accommodation and airline class you select, the season you travel in, the airline used, any discounts applied or additional private extras you require.
Our journey specialists understand that you will be searching for a quality holiday at the best price and as we are always looking to establish loyalty to Mahlatini, we will be happy to compare any cheaper options you may have obtained. Do be aware, however, of any hidden extras and that you are indeed comparing like for like whilst also receiving the same quality service and financial protection.