This trip is designed for those interested in seeing the famous Anglo-Zulu and Boer War battlefield sites of Kwa Zulu Natal. You will stay at two separate lodges offering expertly guided tours and a host of other activities. With your own hire car, you can explore at your own pace and totally immerse yourself in Zulu culture. The holiday also includes a 4 night stay in the luxurious Oyster Box Hotel in Durban. This will allow some time to relax on the beach or by the pool before heading off on your adventure into the Battlefields area.
- Tailor-made Itinerary from $4,140 Per Person
- 4 nights at The Oyster Box Hotel
Upon arrival at Durban King Shaka Airport you will make your way to the car hire desk to collect your hire car. From here you will drive yourself to Umhlanga Rocks, a beach town north of Durban.
- 3 nights at Three Tree Hill
Today you will take the drive to the Spionkop area near to the spectacular Drakensberg Mountains.
- 3 nights at Fugitives Drift Guest House
Today you will take the to Battlefields region in Zululand.
Onward Transfer to Durban King Shaka Airport
Today you will take the drive back to King Shaka International Airport in Durban to connect with your flight home.
Contact our specialists and start planning your tailor-made holiday to South AfricaMake an enquiry
- Arrival Airport: Durban King Shaka
The Oyster Box Hotel
Three Tree Hill
Fugitives Drift Guest House
- Return Airport: Durban King Shaka
- International flights from JFK
- Accommodation as specified
- Meals as specified
- Car hire, group B car (Ford Fiesta or similar) including full cover, unlimited km and taxes
- Personal travel insurance
- Additional activities not offered as scheduled by the accommodation
- Visas and visa fees where relevant
- Outward Flight:
- Overnight from JFK to Durban King Shaka
- Return Flight:
- Overnight from Durban King Shaka to JFK
You might be also be interested in these alternate tailor-made itineraries:
The prices in our itineraries are intended to guide you towards a potential budget for your holiday.
The cost of your tailored holiday will be dependent on what accommodation and airline class you select, the season you travel in, the airline used, any discounts applied or additional private extras you require.
Our journey specialists understand that you will be searching for a quality holiday at the best price and as we are always looking to establish loyalty to Mahlatini, we will be happy to compare any cheaper options you may have obtained. Do be aware, however, of any hidden extras and that you are indeed comparing like for like whilst also receiving the same quality service and financial protection.