A stunning area of wilderness, Timbavati is a magnificent private reserve found in the rolling Lowveld. The reserve is renowned for its famous white lions, which were discovered in the mid 1970's. This rare colouring is easily mistaken for albinism but it is in fact a recessive gene that causes the colour difference.
- Watch incredibly rare white lions in the wild
- Discover the Big 5 and over 360 species of bird
- Stay in authentic colonial style at comfortable accommodations
- Embark on guided walks and game dives across grassy plains
While lions are certainly one of Timbavati's highlights the reserve offers plenty of other attractions besides. The other members of the Big 5 - leopard, elephant, rhino and buffalo - are also present in the reserve; they are joined by over 40 different species of mammal and over 360 species of bird.
There are a number of luxury camps to stay in on a Timbavati Private Nature Reserve safari, the majority carrying a pleasing colonial style. Choose from a luxury tented camp to an authentic thatched lodge as the base for your safari experience. To explore the reserve take on the spirit of adventure with game drives in open vehicles and take to the grassy plains on foot.
Luxury Kruger Safari Combination with Seychelles Beach
- Cost Per Person
- Cost Per Person: from $7,090 (Includes international flights from JFK)
- Seychelles, South Africa
- Sabi Sands, Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, Mahe
KZN and Kruger Self Drive
- Cost Per Person
- Cost Per Person: from $4,570 (Includes international flights from JFK)
- South Africa
- Durban, Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, Swaziland, Panorama Route, Elephant Coast
South Africa Safari and Mauritius Beach Family Holiday
- Cost For Family of 4
- Cost For Family of 4: from $11,850 (Includes international flights from JFK)
- Mauritius, South Africa
- Timbavati Private Nature Reserve
- Featured Accommodations
Kabaku River Sands Client Score: Not yet rated
An affordable yet fine quality lodge situated in the Timbavati Private Game Reserve, Kambaku River Sands offers excellent game viewing and excellent service.
Kambaku Safari Lodge Client Score: Not yet rated
Kambaku Safari Lodge, situated in the Greater Kruger National Park, is an affordable, family-friendly lodge offering Big 5 game viewing and comfortable accommodation.
Makanyi Private Game Lodge Client Score: 5
Located in the Timbavati Private Game Reserve, Makanyi Lodge offers Big Five game viewing and luxury accommodation.
Kings Camp Client Score: 5
A stunning colonial camp, Kings Camp is found in the game rich Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, which borders the Kruger and affords fantastic Big 5 game viewing.